Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
28-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #1

Reborn baby...

This was just on Richard and Judy tonight and just thought id let you see it for yourselves, its quite scary but some of them I think are cute.

http://www.reborn-baby.com/

There's a program on about them tonight on channel 4 at 10pm till 11.05.

What do you guys think?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #2

Re: Reborn baby...

If that second picture IS A DOLL, rather than a baby, then the artistic process is amazingly lifelike. Personally, I wouldn't want one but I admire the creativity that has gone into making a doll that realistic. I wonder though how vulnerable women are going to react - by that I mean women who are desperate to have a child but can't for whatever reason. Interested in other views.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-01-2008, 08:50 PM   #3

I saw a sunday paper article about this a few weeks ago. I find them very unnerving and actually a bit horrible. I agree with Angie in that those who can't have children or those that have maybe suffered a stillbirth would possibly find them distressing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #4

I definitely agree with Angie and Yola! I too find them a bit creepy.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
28-01-2008, 11:46 PM   #5

I watched a programme about these a few weeks back, they are just weirdos who have them, sorry but they are. One lady went to America to get one & stayed in a hotel to bond with it, then she realised the back of its head was all cracked..she was fuming! Another lady had one to replace her grandson that had gone to live abroad, these people treated them like babies, taking them out in prams & buying designer clothes for them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
28-01-2008, 11:48 PM   #6

i find them very scary to be honest. There would be just somethign creepy about them lying in a cot or whatever in your bedroom, forever staring at you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
29-01-2008, 09:24 AM   #7

they are spooky, and i think the company are capitalizing on those who have lost a baby through a sad experience.
i wouldnt want one sorry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
29-01-2008, 01:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
I watched a programme about these a few weeks back, they are just weirdos who have them, sorry but they are. One lady went to America to get one & stayed in a hotel to bond with it, then she realised the back of its head was all cracked..she was fuming! Another lady had one to replace her grandson that had gone to live abroad, these people treated them like babies, taking them out in prams & buying designer clothes for them.
The same programme was repeated last night. I just couldn't get my head round it tbh. That woman who spent nearly £300 in Harrods on clothes!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
29-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
The same programme was repeated last night. I just couldn't get my head round it tbh. That woman who spent nearly £300 in Harrods on clothes!!
Yeah that was way to weird! There's a wire loose somewhere with her!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-01-2008, 06:22 PM   #10

It's SO SAD - is it too hard for people with these difficulties to get the counseling they obviously need?