Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
27-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #11

Re: Daily Thread Sunday 27th

Afternoon all.

OH and me went for a nice long walk, we were out for 4 hours!! lol had some lunch and did a bit of gardening. Doing some work now and then settle down for the evening

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-01-2008, 05:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Afternoon all.

OH and me went for a nice long walk, we were out for 4 hours!! lol had some lunch and did a bit of gardening. Doing some work now and then settle down for the evening
You need to get a dog Emma or at least borrow one from the local rescue centre who often ask people to volunteer to walk a dog

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-01-2008, 05:57 PM   #13

I bought a pair of wellies today!!!! First pair since I was a kid I think I'm finally getting into the moving house vibe and they have been bought in the event of a large garden (and taking the kids to the park) . . .

Did some garden work (pressure washed the paving; removed dead pot plants and planted new ones etc), some house cleaning and dragged the family round Waitrose and that's about it! OH's doing free range roast chicken for dinner and I'm just about to get Sebi's dinner started with a view to bathing him tonight (which he loves).

Balie has perked up quite a bit, a combination of antibiotics and getting out into the garden for a bit He'll go in for his dental on Wednesday and I'll have my heart in my mouth remembering how Ferdy didn't pull through is dental op . . .

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2008, 08:13 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
You need to get a dog Emma or at least borrow one from the local rescue centre who often ask people to volunteer to walk a dog
LOL I would love to have a dog Kazz, but the OH doesn't think it would be fair on a dog to leave it as long as it would due to our work hours, (we leave the house at 7am and don't normally get home until 7pm (at the earliest) and I sort of agree with him.

I have walked dogs for the RSPCA before but it is a 30 min drive to their place and bit of a hassle really. Especially when we have some fantastic walks just on our door step

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-01-2008, 08:19 PM   #15

Find an elderly neighbour with a dog and take that. I agree though your working hours to lomg for a dog have to say the dogs were the main reason I changed roles at work to be closer to home now less than a 5 minute walk away whereas I was an hour to hour half drive each way away

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #16

All the neighbours walk their dogs (there are a lot of people in our neighbourhood with dogs) but I am not aware of anybody who is unable to walk their dogs. Also I am not sure that I would like somebody depending upon me to walk their dog (I might keep it!!! lol)

Kazz we also have the same problem one of our offices is only 35 mins away but the other can take me an hour to get in, OH's journey is 1.5 hours to 2 hours each way.