Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-01-2008, 11:37 AM   #1

Daily Thread Sunday 27th

Well not sure whats happened but its odd if not rare for me to be the first but here goes.
This is the last weekend in January not keen on Jan, but this one seems to have flown by.
Its a nice day if complete with a llittle of the Brrrrr chill factor, but hopefuly warming up as the day moves on.

Hoping to bath the dogs today, Tess rolled in something yesterday and its lingering so a bit, so planning on giving them a quick rinse off.

Taking rubbish round the skip then thats me for the day having chilli chicken nooddles for lunch.

Oh and writing up my info on the RSPB bird watch, have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
27-01-2008, 12:04 PM   #2

Re: Daily Thread Sunday 27th

hi Kazz. I think it has been really quiet recently on catsey, with so many new members you'd think it would be busy, but it's very quiet I think!

I'm doing some cookery with the girls today. They are starting to want to help out in the kitchen, so we are cooking some spag bol & then we will cook the lamb roast for teatime.

I also need to get some paperwork filed, we've invested in a filing cabinet & I'm trying to get all my papers sorted, but it seems to be taking forever.

I have a new cat in, only one.. will get a photo of him later & post details about him.

I feel really good at the mo, having so much extra time to spend with the family having cut down on the foster cats. Yesterday we went to the pictures & then did some crafting & today we are doing some cooking.

We have also decided on a plan of action for this year regarding getting the house & garden sorted. We've decided to concentrate on the outside first, thinking this will be time consuming but won't cost too much to do, so we will be getting stuck into that from next weekend.

have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #3

Sounds like a plan there Smudgley. It has to make a massive difference to your time, glad its working out.

Your day sounds pretty much perfect to me.

I sorted the weekend before last all my paperwork I had only invested in small foldin files though but have to say its come in handy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
27-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #4

We have got 16 years of paperwork stuck in boxes / folders / drawers but can never quite find what we need. So we bought a filing cabinet & a shredder and it's all coming together nicely. I've even got one of the drawers for my CP paperwork.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-01-2008, 12:35 PM   #5

Morning Kazz, morning Smudgley ...morning all!

It's a beautiful sunny day here.....almost springlike. There are lots of buds appearing on the bulbs in the garden so I hope the slugs and snail don't have a feast with them.

I received a lovely bouquet of flowers yesterday from OH for our anniversary today.. Nothing else planned for today, just relaxing and pottering!

Kazz
- good luck with the bird spotting, I hope it's a nice day in your region..

Have a lovely day everyone!

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2008, 12:40 PM   #6

Well off the bath the dogs now....they are really good I bath them outside just by the drain have a couple of buckets of water handy a little baby shampoo in the one bucket and clean warm water in the other.
Call the dog (one by one, the other left in house) soak them down with clean watercouple of jugs full, then apply the slightly soapy water wash well rinse off and then a brisk rub down with their towel and a run round the garden after a ball to buck up their circulation. That dog goes in the other comes out.

My girls just stand and take it washing wise.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
27-01-2008, 01:13 PM   #7

Afternoon all Everyone sounds to be having lovely days today

Happy Anniversary Mags x

Not so much planned for today here, the sun is shining, so that gives a feel good factor. Have had some kitten cuddles and play, have been in the loft hunting all my whelping equipment out. Have to varnish my whelping box, so might think about doing that later. Hubby has gone to take a lot of rubbish etc.. to the tip, he's planning on tidying the garden a little this afternoon.

Hope you all have a lovely, relaxing Sunday

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #8

Well back from the skip, and have wahed the girls went well as expected now have nice smelling dogs not sure it will last Sal has a habit of rolling in things but in summer I normaly throw her in a pool or lake or something but can't do that with Tess she hates the water

Anyhow made plans for my garden.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #9

Hi, all! Weather is nicer today, already 2 degrees and sunny. Didn't do any errands today, feeling a bit better but not 100%; nose not as runny and headache and aching muscles better. but still have the cough and feel a bit tired, although I went to bed early and slept in. Leia is such a good girl, she knew mom was sick and stayed with me all night. bless her! So nothing to report. Sounds as if everyone is having a nice day. enjoy!

Happy Annivesary, Mags!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

27-01-2008, 05:16 PM   #10

Happy anniversary Mags

Sorry you're poorly Eileen.

Happy varnishing Fran.