Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-01-2008, 08:23 AM   #1

Daily Thread / Friday

Morning all! Thank crunchie it's Friday It's just been one of those weeks when you are just glad to see the weekend Anyhow, not much planned for today, so plenty of time to play with and cuddle kittens I think Mildred's breeder is popping in this afternoon to have a look at the babies.

Hope everyone has a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: feral moggy
25-01-2008, 09:37 AM   #2

Re: Daily Thread / Friday

Morning all,

I am off to Belfast this evening, very excited now. So probably won't be on here until Sunday evening.

Have a good weekend everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #3

New washer dryer will be here any minute now and then at 0930 I'm off with Balie to the vet for his bloods. I'm a bit worried as there's been no food down since last night and whilst Fifi's buzzing around pestering, Balie's just lying on his blanket in my room.

After that I've got tonnes of errands to run, so I hope Sebastian co-operates (i.e., sleeps in his pram for ages)!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #4

Fran - how did the kitten-viewing go last night?
BC - have a great weekend!
Yola - fingers crossed that Balie has a simple diagnosis with an even easier remedy.

Happy Burns Night to Scots and those with Scottish connections. Must go off to my butcher to see if he has a veggie haggis. Can't cope with the carnivore ones, but I do like the haggis n neeps and whisky gravy rigmarole.

It looks like another nice day - probably not as warm as yesterday but still very pleasant. Have a good weekend everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
25-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #5

good morning all. its bright n sunny here, but chilly.
reggies just ventured out, hes a bit nervous as the neighbours grandkids are in the garden.he dont do kids at all.
im off to the charity shop to take some stuff there, grown out of a few bits (opps)
also got the council surveyor coming this afternoon.got a back wall thats falling down and when i explained to the dopey wotnot on the phone that if it fell on some one, the council would be liable not us. they pulled their finger out.
have a good day all and stay warm n safe.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Fran - how did the kitten-viewing go last night?
Thanks for asking DM, it was actually the night before last that the new kitten parents came. They are having two kittens, One of Bliss' cream points Siamese and one of her Oriental reds Lovely couple who have a 7 year old Oriental black. They were here 2 and a half hours They were just mesmerized by all the kittens and just couldn't tear themselves away from playing and cuddling with them all, of course the kittens were in their element

BC - have a great weekend!
Yola - hoping all goes well for Balie x
DM - enjoy the haggis!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #7

It's certainly bright but not particularly warm this afternoon. Just popping back to say I saw a cormorant (in the river) and a heron (in the field) whilst walking into town this morning! Not bad, when you're not looking And I got my haggis, so we're sorted for our Burns' Supper.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-01-2008, 04:14 PM   #8

Hello Daily Diary!
It's Friday and I have a day off ..yeah!
Well apart from sorting the washing , ironing and running Posh down to the vets for a post op check up later. Happy Burns Night to my Celtic cousins and for any Cymry here, a lovely St Dwynwen's Day to you too. ( a Welsh St Valentine's day)

Nette

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-01-2008, 05:11 PM   #9

Hi from freezing Washington! Sunny but really, really cold: -6 and wind chill -13!!! But for once the buses weren't running in packs,... ... so didn't shiver waiting too long! Got good stuff at the market to make minestrone for dinner: this weather calls for a nice bowl of soup. Nothing special planned for the rest of the day..... no news on Onyx... Happy Burns Day to all who celebrate it!

BC:
enjoy the weekend!
Yola: fingers crossed for Balie.
DM: hope you enjoy the haggis..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-01-2008, 05:32 PM   #10

Well Balie's bloods came back 100% normal which the vet was pleased and I suspect slightly surprised at. His white blood cell count is slightly high but that's to be expected with an infection. I have synulux for his infected tooth and she recommended I book him in for an extraction midweek next week.

I'm SO nervous about doing that as of course my big old boy Ferdy never came round after his routine dental op. I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to Balie as he's my baby.

But he's such an unhappy little chap that I know there really is no choice and that it has to be done.

Sebastian has been the child from hell today except when he was asleep. But all other chores accomplished successfully