Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-08-2006, 09:52 AM   #1

Daily thread, Monday

Well, it feels like ages since I've been able to spend some relaxed time on the forum .... way back before we went to Stockholm and before the change! Actually, the new, improved, forum seems really good; hope everyone is enjoying it. There are also a nice lot of members chatting away and some new people - hurrah!
It's a cooler day here - those sweltering days of July seem a long time off.
Mini is back to 100%, Dinah has twisted her 'wrist' and is playing 'the old soldier' - although I think it is hurting her. Couple of days rest, I think.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-08-2006, 10:02 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread, Monday

Morning DM....Its begining to feel like Autumn here already...Pleased to hear Mini is doing so well....Poor Dinah, how do you intend to keep her still???I have the vets with Leo today, and some bags for the charity shop, finally cleared out my wardrobe!Not much else planned yet, but once my son emerges from his bed, that will probably change!Have a good one all....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-08-2006, 11:13 AM   #3

Morning all.......have taken Cassie to the Cattery where no doubt she will be spoilt for 2 weeks. All my packing is done, taxi booked for 4.00am tomorrow....and have the hairdressers at 1.00pm

Quite a nice warm day here with sun and cloud....no sign of rain though.

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
21-08-2006, 11:17 AM   #4

Children back home yesterday from 2 weeks with their Dad.

Partner gone back to work after 2 weeks off work.

Sons Birthday (15).

House looks like a tip, so currently cleaning, washing, putting away etc......plus of course and most important today........on here !!!!

Oh! and washing my partners stinking football kits, it was his turn! or should that be my turn LOL - hope the rain stays off my washing line is gonna be full with them.

Have a great day all x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
21-08-2006, 06:05 PM   #5

Afternoon everyone,

Sunshine and showers for me today, but been at work so missed getting wet! Really busy today at work but thats the better way to be as time flies.

Home and now reinstalling tons of stuff on my laptop as had to recover it last night to sort out my connection problems. Something was "bothering" my wireless connection and now as I have wiped the whole pc it is all working well!! Great connection and I feel like I have a brand new laptop as there is nothing on it!!

Kids are decorating biscuits at the moment so expecting to have to do a long session in the kitchen to tidy up!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
21-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #6

Been a lovely day here. Showers this morning but it's brightened up lovely.

Managed to finish sanding and varnishing one chair, another 3 to go

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
21-08-2006, 07:45 PM   #7

Not much to report. Midwife visit, MIL here all day; all weekend actually - I do wish she would make her own cups of tea etc instead on waiting for me to do everything - roll on next week when my Mum's here - she's a real extra pair of hands - copious amounts of cleaning, ironing etc - at least she kept her eye on Domi which meant I could get on.

Hubby has taken her back home now, but not before being a rude and nasty so-and-so to me. I got it in the neck for (a) not filling my car up with petrol . . . like I knew he was going to take MY car and not his to drive his Mum back (b) not taking the angle grinder back to the hire shop. Neglected to notice there is a transformer that goes with it that even he struggles to lift

It seems as soon as he has to do something; anything (in this case drive to Hayling Island) he get really snotty about everything.

So I'm sitting here feeling tearful and sorry for myself and not even a glass of wine for company. I think I'll have an early night as I'm shattered after pretty well not stopping all day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #8

Chin up Yola - you're fragile, maybe OH is a bit apprehensive about the new arrival and MILs are never a good adition to a household! Have an early night - it's much cooler tonight, so snuggle in early.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
21-08-2006, 07:57 PM   #9

Sending you a big ((((((hug)))))) Yola x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
21-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #10

Sorry you are feeling down Yola....Have a quiet night and pamper yourself....