Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #11

Re: Terrorist plans in UK

I too am very concerned about it, we are flying on the 22nd and the memory of this will still be on my mind. I usually enjoy flying but this time will be different, I think...

At least they have told us what is going on this time and people are more prepared for all the delays and thorough searches. People will rally round with the great British spirit and they will all come through it with stories to tell their children and grand children!

I've just heard that several flights from Bristol have been cancelled

Catsey Veteran

11-08-2006, 08:20 AM   #12

all easyjet flihgts are cancelled still today, including to newcastle lol.
Hopefully some sort of normailty will return soon.

I agree though that at least they told us this time.
Thank god they found out in time.

saw on the news one poor woman flying from germany to irelnad it stuck at stanstead, 8 months preagnant, small child with her, flights keep getting cancelled and she stuck there until at least sunday, has no more money left to stay in hotel etc, and airlines said it not thier problem she has to sort it out herself. She looked very tired today.

I think it a good idea that anyone not on a flight isnt allowed into terminal buildings now, that should cut down the ques and waves of people milling about.

It is good to see however,t hat people arent letting it stop them, theyre still turning up to fly.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengals & a DSH
11-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #13

How do you think I am feeling I am flying to Oz in the next couple of weeks I am bricking it BIG time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #14

Well, my Canadian guests are on their way to Heathrow to go home. Hope they don't have too much hassle at the airport. They are due to fly at 3pm but the airline website gives an estimated departure as 3.45pm. They wil be delighted to take that brief a delay. They are more horrified at the prospect of a long flight with no book but if what we are hearing is correct they will be able to buy new books 'airside' and take them on the plane. Hope so.
Did I tell you about cops with machine guns at Bournemouth airport on Thursday? Bournemouth!! Luckily my OH knew a couple of them, so it's slightly less intimidating when the man with the big gun says hello
Ho hum

Global Moderator

13-08-2006, 01:24 PM   #15

Yes DM, once you have cleared all the security checks at the airport and are in the Departure Lounge, you are able to make purchases from the shops, including water. I hope your Canadian friends won't find things too stressful and have a safe journey home.

We have seen two cops with guns on the alert at Bristol Airport for the last couple of years, I find it quite reassuring having them there in case of any trouble....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
13-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
We have seen two cops with guns on the alert at Bristol Airport for the last couple of years, I find it quite reassuring having them there in case of any trouble....
This was 3 vansful of cops - maybe 20 or two dozen in all Good time to be a thief?