Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #11

Re: Someone PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFM
so you are telling your boyfriend to 'lay off the cats'...is he making comments, purposefully making noises that frighten them? If so, this could def. be the cause of the stress for the kitten.

Personally, I'd dump the boy. Sorry, but a love of cats was one of my top priorities when I met my husband as he would have to live with my kitties for the rest of their lives and no way would I tolerate someone that couldn't deal with my cats.
Luckily for me, my OH passed that test! One of the first questions I asked when we started dating - "Do you like cats?" I'd lived all my childhood with my Mum, who loved cats and my Dad who hated them!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Badonde
I have a 10mth ginger kitten who I love to bits but she keeps peeing on my bed, nowhere else just my bed sheets on my bed. I shut the door so she cant go in but stay in a small flat with 2 other cats which are no problem at all roaming around so dont think its fair to lock them all out, plus my boyfriend hates cats and this is the purrrfect excuse for him to get rid of her and leave me heart broken. I also have 3 huge covered litter trays .... x
Emma, sorry to have to ask but if he has told you he hates cats can you be sure he isn't hurting her in any way,
if this habit is new it could be she's getting abused.
Sorry to sound alarmist, please understand I'm not being intrusive just concerned for your little kitty.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH Cats
08-06-2010, 02:29 PM   #13

I will try & help you as best I can. It may or may not work
Stress could be the main issue. Cats do know when someone doesn't like them but with everything, there must be compromise. Your bf needs to relax with her & let this little kitten get into normal litter habits again.
This is just a suggestion, but just try gently placing her in the litter box throughout the day. But you cannot be stressed or angry when you do it because she will know. When she does go in the litterbox, praise & pet her afterwards. If she is comforted by your scent, put a peice of your old clothing near the litterboxes, maybe even an old sheet.
Try anything & everything you can possibly think of. Theres no need to get rid of your little kitten because of this. You just need to find where her problem is whether it is stress or she needs to be retrained to go in the litterbox.
Hope you find something that works Remember no stress

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
08-06-2010, 04:37 PM   #14

Hope you get the problem sorted soon, I have npothing to add that hasb't already been advised but just wanted to wish you good luck.

My b/f (and also my ex) doesn't like the cats either but he would never ever hurt them, he doesn't like them because he has never been brought up with pets and is afraid of them. Mind my lot are of a bolder nature and seem to come over and crowd him just out of spite.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
09-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #15

Also just to add, you are cleaning the sheets etc when she does it, but unless you get the smell out of your mattress, then she will still smell her scent there (even though it may be clean to your nose!)