Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: 1 tabby 1 ginger tabby 1 mix
07-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #1

Someone PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE x

I have a 10mth ginger kitten who I love to bits but she keeps peeing on my bed, nowhere else just my bed sheets on my bed. I shut the door so she cant go in but stay in a small flat with 2 other cats which are no problem at all roaming around so dont think its fair to lock them all out, plus my boyfriend hates cats and this is the purrrfect excuse for him to get rid of her and leave me heart broken. I also have 3 huge covered litter trays and change them twice a week and clear them from solids everyday. I dont know what else to do. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
07-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #2

Re: Someone PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE x

Sounds like she finds your smell comforting and she's trying to mark a bit of territory as being "hers".

How is she with the other cats/kittens? Does she feel threatened by them? Even something like them staring at her could be upsetting to her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #3

I agree with RCR, it could be stress related. Has she always done this or is it a recent development? Any major changes in the household that might have upset her?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
07-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #4

How is your boyfriend with the cats? How are the other two cats with the young one? What I am trying to get at is that if there is any disharmony between any of them, that could be the cause of the stress.
Is there a room where you can confine the youngster to and have a litter tray, food and water there for her and open the house up to her again gradually?
There are also products which wont resolve the problem but may help ease the stress a little, rescue remedy, feliway and Zylkene. Rescue remedy, you can buy in the chemists, a few drops in water or food but for best results, a few drops on finger tips and gently rubbed into the tips of her ears. Feliway gives off natural calming pheramones, can get this in good pet shops, vets or online. Comes as a plug in diffuser or as a spray, diffuser is often the better of the two. Zylkene is a natural food suplement, available from vets or online. Perhaps a combination of these will help rather than just one but the important thing is to try to find the problem that is causing her stress and sorting it out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #5

I had this problem until recently with one of my oldies, he's been increasingly stressed by everything, and as a result has been toiletting on the floor - despite my best efforts.

In the end, confinement in the utility room did the trick. I kept him out there for a few days with his food, water and litter tray, then then started leaving the door open to the rest of the house.

He's come and gone into the room where he used to soil yet now returns to his litter tray out in the utility area.

I would try the isolation for a few days to see it it breaks the cycle for your little kitty.

07-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuecatsrule
Sounds like she finds your smell comforting and she's trying to mark a bit of territory as being "hers".

How is she with the other cats/kittens? Does she feel threatened by them? Even something like them staring at her could be upsetting to her.
Thanx. She is fine with other cats and kittens, shes very clingy and follows me everywhere and sits on my shoulder while im doing the house work, I thought she was mibi trying to mark ME as "hers" but she would go to anyone and any cat for a cuddle.

07-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I agree with RCR, it could be stress related. Has she always done this or is it a recent development? Any major changes in the household that might have upset her?
She has always been troublesome when she was a kitten with the litter tray but she wasnt bothered where she went for the toilet then, now its my bed everytime. If she doesnt have the choice of my bed she has no problem with the tray lol. oh and nothing has changed in the house, ive booked her in to be spade on friday atthe vets so fingers crossed this is the answer.

07-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
How is your boyfriend with the cats? How are the other two cats with the young one? What I am trying to get at is that if there is any disharmony between any of them, that could be the cause of the stress.
Is there a room where you can confine the youngster to and have a litter tray, food and water there for her and open the house up to her again gradually?
There are also products which wont resolve the problem but may help ease the stress a little, rescue remedy, feliway and Zylkene. Rescue remedy, you can buy in the chemists, a few drops in water or food but for best results, a few drops on finger tips and gently rubbed into the tips of her ears. Feliway gives off natural calming pheramones, can get this in good pet shops, vets or online. Comes as a plug in diffuser or as a spray, diffuser is often the better of the two. Zylkene is a natural food suplement, available from vets or online. Perhaps a combination of these will help rather than just one but the important thing is to try to find the problem that is causing her stress and sorting it out.
Thanx. I forgot about the Feliway I was going to get one before thanxs for reminding me and ive told my boyfriend to lay off them he might be the cause of stress lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #9

I hope the spaying will do the trick; do try a Feliway anyhow, cannot hurt, and please do come back and let us know how things are going, Emma B.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 4 DSH,1 DLH & 1 Ragdoll
08-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #10

so you are telling your boyfriend to 'lay off the cats'...is he making comments, purposefully making noises that frighten them? If so, this could def. be the cause of the stress for the kitten.

Personally, I'd dump the boy. Sorry, but a love of cats was one of my top priorities when I met my husband as he would have to live with my kitties for the rest of their lives and no way would I tolerate someone that couldn't deal with my cats.