Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #11

Re: Screaming Meow!

Good luck at the vet - it is very sad as they get older and less healthy, bit like people really just more accelerated.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Moggies
31-05-2010, 10:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
My Misty went blind when she was about 18; she was so clever at coping it was a while before I realized she was blind. As long as you're not big on rearranging the furniture, they cope beautifully. She was an indoor cat, as was Patches.

Do let us know what the vet says. It isa so sad that their lives are so short.....
The only two things that alerted me to Jason losing his sight is that he now spins the water dish to make sure its in the right place and he used to walk round my head when he came for a cuddle in bed of a night but now he just stomps all over my head

Jason is my first cat and I really can't imagine life without him

My OH has just been calling Jess and no response at all! Think that is 2 of my babies destined for just sunbathing in the back garden

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
01-06-2010, 09:18 AM   #13

Hmmm, could be hearing loss. I've noticed since Kobie has had his middle ear problems his meow has become louder. On the other hand, very loud urgent meowing is sometimes a symptom of Hyperthyroidism and your cat is about the right age for that. A simple blood test could check her thyroid levels.

Catsey Junior

01-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #14

Thanks everyone, we are booked in for 4.20 this afternoon, I'll let you know how we get on.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #15

I hope all goes well with Jess at the vets.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
01-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #16

As has been said thyroid problems could becausing the calling, it could also be down to high blood pressure which is usually secondary to thyroid problems or chronic kidney failure.

It may also be worth getting you older cat checked- high blood pressure can cause blindness as well.

Catsey Junior

01-06-2010, 03:28 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by farthing
As has been said thyroid problems could becausing the calling, it could also be down to high blood pressure which is usually secondary to thyroid problems or chronic kidney failure.

It may also be worth getting you older cat checked- high blood pressure can cause blindness as well.
Thank you, I will make Jason an appointment when I go tonight. I was going to take them both but decided I would concentrate on one at a time. So he will probably go tomorrow. He looks very old now and is quite thin these days. I did take him a few months back but they said he was fine. I will ask about thyroid problems if the vet doesn't mention it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
02-06-2010, 08:25 PM   #18

Glad to read all went well, considering the ages, on the update threads. At least you know the what is wrong now, and can stop worrying.