Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: black longhair female kitten
calista24 is Male
10-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #1

Random pee !

Our Cali is just about 10 months old, female and was spayed 6 weeks ago.

All seems to have gone well since then..

She is a housecat, and stays in a large kitchen at night normally with no probs.

We remove pee whenever we see it in the tray, and she's normally great at using it.

We came down this morning though to find a large pee in the centre of the kitchen.

She then proceeded to do another in the tray moments after we went in.

We have cleared up all trace, and hope it is a one-off.

Can a cat just do a one-off wee if something say frightens them ??

She has done nothing else before and seems a happy cat who we exercise and play with alot.

Just wondered why she did this with no obvious reason

Hopefully it's not the start of a trend.

I cleared the tray yesterday with a bit of littertray spray, and the only difference recently is we have given her a small tin of sheba a day in addition to her dry kitten, but it's still a 70%dry / 30% wet mix ..

Has anyone else had one-offs or just the odd accident ?

Puzzling !!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-04-2010, 09:28 PM   #2

Re: Random pee !

Sorry to have missed this thread earlier Calista .... you must think us rude!

I hope this is a one off ..... I just wonder whether she may have become confused by the scent of the littertray spray? If you remove all traces of her pee and replace with a chemical smell, she may just have forgotten where she should go ...... ?

I use a cat safe disinfectant on my cat tray, but I've always used the same one, rinse thoroughly and luckily have had no problems.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #3

I was wondering about the spray also; possibly it was just a one off. Has she been stressed about anything recently, or changes in the house or brand of litter? That can sometimes trigger inappropriate urinating/defecating.

And yes, they sometimes wee when frightened; my Leia was so scared at a vet trip she piddled right on the examining table...

Cats owned: black longhair female kitten
calista24 is Male
11-04-2010, 07:01 PM   #4

Thankyou ladies, will bear that in mind - and will now rinse with a hose after cleaning (we change it outside), to remove any traces!

I did think of that, as i changed it in a hurry on friday, and prob used a bit more spray!

It is a pet shop spray for tray cleaning, but it does have a strong though quite pleasant fragrance.
Again, i may seek an alternative now!

She is spooked rarely by the odd noise outside, we are just hoping it was a one-off