Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Banned

Cats owned: tortashell female
18-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #1

Spraying and meowwwwwing all time

Hiya everyone.
I have used this site last year when my cat adopted us and she had babies. Everything has been fine since the babies went to there new homes in Nov, mum (Hippus) has been fine, shes not been out as shes not been spayed yet. We moved house between Christmas and Newyear and she settled fine in our new house.
Over the last few days i have noticed shes sprayed up things which isnt like her but it was only once/twice. BUT she got out yesterday twice (kids didnt close door n she pulled it open) she went missing for about half hour but came back. Since then shes not shut up meowwwwing day and night, clawing at the front door (we dont have a flap) last night she sprayed on my bed twice, then the curtains in the bedroom, this afternoon shes sprayed the tiles on the kitchen unit.
This is not like her at all what do i do with her.
Im trying to rehome her as my sons asthma is getting bad again

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #2

Re: Spraying and meowwwwwing all time

I think you know the answer to this one don't you. Get her spayed. Immediately. She will be a much happier cat and your home won't smell of urine.

Banned

18-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #3

No i didnt know the answer i have never had a cat before and didnt aim to get one, i only ended up with Hippus as the last tennents "forgot" to take her and her kittens so i kept them and this is the 1st time shes been like this so wasnt sure if its cos shes in season but how do you tel im used to dogs or if its somthing else.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #4

Her actions indicates that she's in heat and it will happen again and again until she is spayed. Please call the vet and schedule an appointment, she will be a happier and healthier cat.

Banned

18-03-2010, 08:40 PM   #5

I have spoken to the vets and they will book her in after giving her a check up tomorrow eve.
I have had 2 cats sat on my door step this evening with her on the inside trying to get out there is no way shes going to be going via the front door untill shes spayed.
thanks

Catsey Veteran

18-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #6

Good! That's another thing, once she's spayed you won't have toms hanging around ,,, and spraying too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
18-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #7

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as abrupt. I thought we'd touched on the topic of having her spayed on your previous thread when you first spoke of the babies and how Hippus had been abandoned. Having checked, it wasn't mentioned, so my appologies.

If Hippus got out she may well already be pregnant - it doesn't take long as cats fall quite quickly.

Please do see you vet about spaying . . . it takes away so much worry on so many different fronts.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 tortie(f) 2 b&w (m) 1 black(f)
19-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #8

i wasnt aware that female cats sprayed :S i feel stupid now lol but yes if she is meowing to get out she is in heat and wants a boyfriend as the others said getting her spayed will help and should stop so many toms hanging around unless she ends up like my bella with a few friends who come around to see if she is coming out to play lol, she is spayed. well done for taking her on

Catsey Veteran

19-03-2010, 02:04 AM   #9

Oh yes, females can spray; not too common but it happens, especially with unspayed ones,or sometimes with stress.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-03-2010, 01:53 PM   #10

My lovely Kizzy goes through all the motions of spraying without actually doing it! She has of course been spayed.