Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-02-2010, 06:35 PM   #11

Re: Another toilet issue story

Has your vet suggested Zylkene? It's a food supplement which helps aleviate stress. Dont think you have to buy it from the vet, think you can get it online.
http://www.buyzylkene.co.uk/

http://www.animalmedicines.co.uk/sea...FV1d4wodGhqalA

Cats owned: Bengal
21-02-2010, 11:01 PM   #12

Thanks for that - have you tried it? were the results good and what were the main differences you saw??

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
21-02-2010, 11:09 PM   #13

I am sorry to hear of your problem, I used to have an un neutered male cat come into my house via the cat flap and we always knew by the awful smell where he had sprayed. I have no experience personally of this but it does sound like his nose is a bit out of joint from what you say. Its a difficult situation and apart from extra fuss its hard to know what to suggest. You could also try various sprays you can buy from d i y stores to stop cats urinating - I am not sure if its orange or lemon essential oil that is supposed to stop them too. Good luck. Jan x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-02-2010, 03:02 AM   #14

Almost any citrus scent is supposed to be unpleasant to cats... never needed it myself, but might be worth a try.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
22-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolly
Thanks for that - have you tried it? were the results good and what were the main differences you saw??
I tried it with Eva and it didnt have much effect but thats probably because her peoblem turned out to be more serious than just stress.
Others have used it with success though, gotta be worth a shot.

Cats owned: Bengal
24-02-2010, 07:52 PM   #16

On Saturday we stripped the room, pen and conservatory he lives in and cleaned it from top to bottom, Leo seemed very happy and impressed - I sprayed the walls down with white vinegar as suggested above but when I came home tonight he had wet on the cane sofa - before i could say a word he had bolted underneath the sofa as he knew what he had done.

This is no longer fair on the other 3 cats that are perfect on the cleanliness front, nor is it fair that this has allowed to completley take over our day to day activities, and also worry about what he’s doing when out of the house, I even try to rush home because of the mess that I might face

All my cats are rescues and strongly believe in the 'for life' policy but this has beat me and I’m inclined to try and re-home him, I’m in bits just writing this post.

Cats owned: British shorthair
02-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Almost any citrus scent is supposed to be unpleasant to cats... never needed it myself, but might be worth a try.

I heard this as well, think it works.