Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #1

Broxi is missing!! Updated: He's home!!!

My oldest boy Broxi got out in the middle of the night. The front door obviously hadn't been closed properly, and he has managed to open it and get out . OH discovered this at 2.30 in the morning when he got upto go to the loo. So we were out trawling the streets and checking gardens until 3.30. Tried to get some sleep and have been out again since first light but no sign of him. he has always been an indoor cat, and has never been allowed out. Would he have the sense to come home? i'm so scared of going round the corner and seeing him lying there, he obv has no road sense. Prayers and good wishes needed please.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
13-11-2009, 09:24 AM   #2

Re: Broxi is missing!! Updated: He's home!!!

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that Alex I would like to think that he has gone into hiding somewhere, being that he's an indoor cat.

I hope he returns this morning as he will obviously be wanting his breakfast. Have another search round the area today and check with your neighbours.

I realise you may already know what to do when cats are lost but often when it's your own, your mind can go a blank. Here's Smudgley link to good advice again just incase you need it......

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19077

Keeping my fingers crossed for Broxi's safe return and sending ((((hugs))) to you....x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #3

Another thing that might be helpful is put a litter box with his scent on it outside on the porch. That may lead him home faster if he got disoriented.
Good thoughts coming your way..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-11-2009, 11:09 AM   #4

Positive "Come home Broxi" vibes coming from me Alex. Do hope he comes home soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #5

Alex, sending come-home wishes out to Broxi. With him being indoor-only, you must be so very worried. Hugs to you all . . . and fingers crossed.

Catsey Veteran

13-11-2009, 01:37 PM   #6

Thanks all. Still no sign of him. been out in the car so many times, walked up and down the street shaking his food dish, nothing!! The worst bit was having to phone up our lost and found co-cordinator and put him on the list, that's when I lost it The weather is starting to turn nasty here, adn I'm feeling sick at the thought of him being out in it. I want my baby back!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #7

I wish I were closer, I'd be out there with you looking. Have you tried close by? Chances are he was spooked and just (hopefully) hid somewhere really near to home. Also, if you can go on foot rather than the car . . . he will hear your voice that way.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #8

Fingers firmly crossed here for a swift and safe return xxx

Catsey Veteran

13-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #9

It's getting dark now and no sign of him The girls both burst into tears when they came home and there was no Broxi to meet them at the door. Where is he????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #10

Oh Alex, I'm so sorry; you must be out of your mind with worry. That's a good suggestion about going on foot and calling, also the litter box. I hope he's hiding nearby and will find his way home very soon (((hugs))) Prayers coming.