Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: Bengal / SiamesexBengal
09-11-2009, 03:09 AM   #1

Advice on how to seek new homes for Bengals

I've been browsing around the internet for the last few hours looking for general advice on how to start looking for new homes (in the UK) for some of my Bengals. I'm hoping that someone will be able to give me some good advice.

I found the Bengal Rescue website but it doesn't appear to be up-to-date & another website said that it was no longer in operation.

The Bengals are looking for new homes by no fault of their own - the fault is all mine.

I used to breed Bengals but became ill with severe depression and stopped seeking new homes for the kittens. (They are now neutered). However, I'm finding it difficult to cope with the number of cats that I have. My lap is not quite big enough & trying to keep up with the litter trays is difficult when you have over thirty furry friends.

The cats are healthy & happy but I'm sure would be happier would more individual attention. They range in age from around 16mths to 8years (though the older ones will not be leaving). They have access to an outside run but are essentially indoor cats. Some are well behaved, others are fridge raiding livewires, some are cuddly, some are more reserved. All but four are pure-bred brown spotted Bengals - the four are Siamese/Bengal.

I'm very attached to all of them & am quite distressed at the thought of losing any of them but have to face the reality that I'm not coping & that they would probably have more quality time with someone else.

So, please, any advice?

Where & how is it best to advertise them? How can I go about ensuring that they will receive loving & caring homes? I will be unable to inspect any of the homes - I don't drive & (because of this dratted depression & other problems) have difficulty in interacting with people at times.

Sorry it is such a long post & sorry to have to ask for help.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #2

Re: Advice on how to seek new homes for Bengals

Have you tired the CP???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-11-2009, 10:47 AM   #3

Lynn, I'm sorry to be reading your post. You sound (understandably) distressed at the predicament that faces you. However I think you're brave to recognise that you are stuggling to cope and that rehoming is the best option for certainly some of your cats.

I'm at a loss as to what to suggest other than Bengal-specific rescues (I'm not aware of any though) or general no-kill centres such as Cats Protection or other, local centres. Don't go to the RSPCA as they will destroy a cat if they are (a) unable to rehome it or (b) it doesn't fit their 'perfect' ideal of a rehoming pet.

But I'd like to wish you much strength and luck with your mission.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
09-11-2009, 02:34 PM   #4

As usual Yola has a way with words, but I echo her sentiments. If I didn't have so many cats I would have one or two!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #5

I too echo Yola's sentiments - you are both brave and wise to try to rehome some of your cats. I wish you all the best of luck and I am sorry not to have some helpful advice to offer.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-11-2009, 04:45 PM   #6

Yola has indeed put it very well. I do wish you success in the rehoming, and hope things will improve for you.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Ragdoll,Birman,moggy+foster cats
15-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #7

I help re home pedgiree cats if you would like me to discuss the ways I could help you then please feel free to pm me