Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: A little kitty
12-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #1

Whiskers?

Does anybody feed there kitties whiskers pouches?

I was talking to a friend of mine and she said that oliver is way 2 hyper compared to other kitties. She then asked what i feed him on and i told her and she said i shoudnt let him eat whiskers because its packed with E numbers

I have tried him with lots of different foods but he is still the same.

Is that true about whiskers?

I dont think he is over active. he is nealy 5 months so he is bound to still being playfull. But the woman has owned cats all her life and oli is my first so i belived her and took her advice.

What do you guys think ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #2

Re: Whiskers?

I can't be helpful here as I've never fed Whiskas; mine eat Fancy Feast wet, plus a very little dry. Some kittens are just more hyper than others. Hopefully some of the members who are very very knowledgable about feeding will be along with a proper answer.

Catsey Junior

12-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #3

Thank you

Oliver has a bowl of the whiskers pouches and then some dry go cat food in another

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-02-2010, 06:06 PM   #4

I think I would worry more if I had a 5 month old kitten that wasn't very active!
All kittens are very playful at that age.

My cat Cassie is now 13 years and has always been a Whiskas cat, she's been playful throughout but never excessively hyper.....

Catsey Junior

12-02-2010, 06:34 PM   #5

I dont think oliver is that hyper. He is the most active out of his brothers and sister. Its just when somebody who seems to know alot about something says stuff it makes me worry and panic because he is my first lol

he really likes whiskers food aswell. i thought all cat food would contain moe or less the same things lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
12-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #6

All mine are fed on either whiska's kitten or Whiska's adult.
5 month old kittens are hyperative anyway. I have 5 of them they can be annoying sometimes but i love them too bits.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
12-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #7

I think whiskas is a good food, better than many.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
13-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #8

i always feed Whiskas pouches and Royal Cannine Dried..Tommy is very laid back, being an older cat but the other about a year and a half old is very playfull..

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
14-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #9

I don't have a kitten, but I know our branch of the Cats Protection feeds it to their kittens though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
14-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #10

Have to say that I have always fed Whiskas in one form or another over the 30+ years I have had cats. I've fed other foods and tend to feed a variety so that they don't become too fussy ( that's the theory anyway).

Usually they do show a preference for Whiskas, there may be some truth in the rumour it's addictive.

However, my cats have always done well on it, I don't think I could say they were hyper, just normal cats. A couple of them were house cats and they were fine.

I think as long as the cat is not constantly running daft then it is probably just normal behaviour that you would expect from a young cat.