Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
12-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #1

Maisey food advice asap

Maisey is always hungry. If she doesnt get food she rips the rubbish bag to bits (we do take it out but when it is full)
She is still having the occansional dribble from her bottom. She like the others is on Whiskas Aldult Wet. Is there anything i can get for her dont care about price that will do weight gain, help her colitas and stop her being hungry all the time. My hire car is going back tomorrow night so will be without a car for a bit so need to get something in the morning for her. She is also going to get speyed next wednesday or Thursday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
12-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #2

Re: Maisey food advice asap

I suppose the pregnancy and nursing the kittens took a lot out of her. I can't offer any suggestions except maybe little and often meals? I'm sure someone will be be on with a more practical suggestion. Great news about the spay!

Catsey Veteran

12-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #3

I think it has as well. She loves her food and she is going through at least 4-5 pouches a day and she always pinches the others left overs. The food i am given her isnt satisfing her at all. She also trys to eat kado go-cat biscuit. Yes spoke too my neighbour and he has no problem with taking me which is brilliant i just want her food addiction sorted if i can before she gets speyed

Catsey Veteran

13-10-2009, 11:40 PM   #4

Maisey is still a bit runny but not as bad. We are feeding full pouches and she hasnt ripped a bag open all day. One of the kittens i think the runt of the litter is still a bit runny but i wormed them 11 days ago so could that be a cause. Three of them are eating realy well and spirit is realy tiny does eat. Should i take the kittens completly off Maisey so her milk will dry up or should i let her make the descion herself. The kittens do use her for a cuddle but they also cuddle all the others as well. Also how long does it take for her milk to dry up

Catsey Veteran

14-10-2009, 06:14 PM   #5

The vet still hasnt phonned me back yet. I also spoke to James Wellbeloved today and they was realy helpful and advised me on a lot of diet related things one of there foods might help her but it will take around 6 wks to show any improvement

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
14-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #6

personally I would let the mother decide when she does not want the kittens to have any more milk..