Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
29-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #1

Onr kitten still not eating

I tried them on whiska's supper meat and pouches kitten ones. Two will eat whiska's dry mixed with warm water. All but one will lap properley that is the one i dont know what too do about, Maisey isnt interested in feeding them at all realy now and if Cracker cant lap up properly how will she drink milk or water, I do have som lactol in and have tried them with it but only 3 do, I know some people say they will eat eventualy but should i be worried. All the kittens are running around the living room atm and are not tired in the slightest. It just there eating. I am worring i am doing something wrong.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
29-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #2

Re: Onr kitten still not eating

If she is running around and playing Kado, she must be eating something...I would give the vet a ring, when I had that kitten that would not eat, they gave me a quarter of a tablet to get his apptiete, going and it worked...Have you tried syringing some lactol into the kitten...

Catsey Veteran

29-09-2009, 11:33 PM   #3

I thought she must be, and i havent syringed lactol yet, Maisey has just give them a mini feed. I put a piece of food in her mouth i was careful i didnt hurt her. She licked her lyps after. I then put some on my finger spirit licked it off and offered it to her and she licked it as well. She seems scared of eating and backs off from food.

Catsey Veteran

30-09-2009, 01:44 PM   #4

Tried the lactol this morning and she drank it. I saw some toplife milk in asda epescialy made for weaning kittens mixed it with some kitten supermeat and she lapped it up.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
30-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #5

Great news, now she has started she will not stop! she just needed a bit of encouragement....well done Kado...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #6

Happy news!!

Catsey Veteran

30-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #7

She's had some more just now and playing with one of her toys.

Catsey Veteran

02-10-2009, 07:01 PM   #8

Update on the feeding.

Chunkie eats it without a problem but is very greedy. He has been sick a couple of times

Spirit eats it well but is too greedy and has been sick a couple of times.

Peaches you have to realy encourage her to eat but then she likes it

Cracker does eat but doesnt like to she is too freightened.

Maisey is still given them a feed at least a couple of times day its not a long one i think she just wants to comfort her self. I give them mushed up whiskas kitten super meat still mixed in will the kitten milk. I try to get it too room temerpature but it does go off very quickly so it has to be kept in the fridge. A couple of them have brought the food up at different times but its either, the food is too cold, I am given them too much or feeding of maisey is upsetting there tums. I dont think there is anything wrong if i had any doubts i would take them straight too the vets. They are 6 wks tomorrow and are such a joy to have

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
02-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #9

They all sound fine, mine were at this stage a wee bit earlier, maybe 5 weeks, I can't remember, but they will come on really quick, once they start it only takes a few days and they will be fine. Just give them tiny amounts 4-6 times a day and they won't be sick. If they are being sick they have probably eaten too much. x

Catsey Veteran

02-10-2009, 08:32 PM   #10

Thanks for that i thought i had been given them too much