Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
22-03-2005, 08:05 PM   #1

WHY

Why do people have cats when they treat them like dirt.
I said i wasnt going to foster for a little while ,however an emergency case has come up and im the only one who has the setup to cope .
We took on this little Blue/white female persian ,she has no name and shes 9 months old.
She has been hit over the head and put in a plastic bag and thrown in the rubbish.She was found by someone walking their dog and handed over to rescue.
She is totally petrifide to the extent she trys to climb walls to get away and has thrown herself at the window.Shes now been seen by vets but even that was an exercise in its self.She ended up beening darted as thats the only way the vets could get near.She has a nasty bump to head but barring that shes very well.
Her case has been handed to the police and rspca to investigate so i can say no more about her case.
The only good thing is they know where her owner is so i hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
22-03-2005, 08:10 PM   #2

Re: WHY

Its beyong me how anyone can do that to adefenceless animal...Por little girl,she will now be able to learn how to trust people again.........

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
22-03-2005, 08:13 PM   #3

That is so horrible Sam How on earth can a human being treat a defenceless young animal like that? I know what I would wish on the person who did it....why do they have animals in the first place?

One good thing has come out of it......she has come to you and if anyone can get her through this, I know you'll have a bl...y good try. I wish you all the luck in the world with her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
22-03-2005, 08:16 PM   #4

aaah the poor girl
lets hiome she recovers quickly and find a nice new loving home soon

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
22-03-2005, 08:17 PM   #5

well how about giving her a nice name first.Any ideas.I will do my best but this is going to be very hard work as she is so scared.
We have spoken to her breeder and she is very angry.They paid £500 for her and have treated her like trash

Global Moderator

22-03-2005, 08:20 PM   #6

My suggestion

Precious

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
22-03-2005, 08:58 PM   #7

That makes me so mad! I think cats don't ask for much in life, just some food & shelter & love!

I think the name precious is perfect for her

Good on ya Shonedek for taking her in, hopefully she will soon start to trust you & realise not all "humans" are bad -

I don't actually think they deserve to be called humans if they can be that horrible to animals.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
22-03-2005, 09:13 PM   #8

How terrible Sam Precious is a lovely name.

Global Moderator

22-03-2005, 10:22 PM   #9

Another suggestion!

Sapphire

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
22-03-2005, 10:41 PM   #10

Sapphire is a lovely name too Mags. I think Lucky is appropriate despite being unimaginative