Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-03-2005, 11:26 PM   #61

Re: Shock

I do like to keep my labs a little leaner, however, so there is less strain on their hips as labs are prone to hip dysplasia. Also it is better that they are a little leaner when they are going into pup as being overweight can cause problems in pregnancy and delivery.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Is owned by Persians
19-03-2005, 07:49 PM   #62

Truffs has come off drip today and shes so much happier.She comes out all the time now,but have to stop her playing with other cats.The swelling on her face is starting to go down and shes not losing so much fluid.Still needs drain in for a few more days.Shes eating really well and all by her self.Havent hand fed since opp.The only thing shes doing thats a bit of a worry is shes sneezing.Because its starting to heal its getting itchy and she starts to sneeze,so have to watch she dosnt split her stiches.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-03-2005, 07:58 PM   #63

Sam, you had me worried! Didn't hear from you for a couple of days and I thought something awful might have happened. Phew!

Good news about Truffles doing so well - every day is a day towards recovery! Awww cat's have got such lovely sneezes haven't they - sounds like it could be the healing process that's causing it. How long do the stitches have to stay in for?

Catsey Veteran

19-03-2005, 08:30 PM   #64

Awww Sam it sounds great news for Truffles. I'm sure she is well on the road to recovery now

Almost a Veteran Member

19-03-2005, 08:53 PM   #65

Mags i didnt mean to scare you but to be honest i have been catching up on sleep.I was totally wreacked.
Truffs is doing great.She has to go in weds and they will look to see about taking them out then.Ive taken her collar(lampshade) off when were about as she hates it.The sneezing is a little worrying as she had blood in last lot so will keep an eye.Vets think it because its healing that shes sneezing.One thing is apparent and the vets have said the same thing.Her breathing is 100 times improvedwhich means it was all worth it.

Global Moderator

19-03-2005, 10:37 PM   #66

That's good news Sam.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
20-03-2005, 01:02 PM   #67

Fab news Sam

Global Moderator

23-03-2005, 10:11 PM   #68

How is Truffles now Sam?

Almost a Veteran Member

24-03-2005, 02:39 PM   #69

Truffles is doing so well its taken us by surprise.All her stsches were removed Wednesday so she wasnt to happy yesterday.Today shes been allowed out of her pen and shes bombing round the house like a mad thing.This is the first time in her life that she has been able to run and Not collaspe like she did before.Opp total success and shes now been signed off by the vets.Just got to watch she dosnt over do herself as shes still not fully healed,and boy does she love her mum.When her face is healed i will take some photos of her but she looks such a mess it wouldnt be fair to her

Catsey Veteran

24-03-2005, 02:58 PM   #70

Great news about Truffles Can't wait to see some piccies.