Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
21-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #21

Re: Bliss' first show..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
The outgoing ones who clearly enjoy being there and showing off seem to be having so much fun! I also feel for those that obviously hate it...Dandy was pet quality, but in the one show he went to on exhibit he was having a complete ball....adored every minute of it and just ate up all the attention! Little ham! Fran: I didn't realize the breeder registered the kittens? Thought you did that.....?

No the breeder registers the kittens as she has the mating certificate etc..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #22

Hmmm, maybe is was different here back in the 70"s...I had Dandy's papers and regsitered him in TICA myself....interesting ......

Catsey Veteran

21-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #23

What happens here with the GCCF is, the breeder registers the kitten, gives you the pink slip with the kittens details and registration number on and then you apply to the GCCF to transfer the kitten into your name

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-01-2007, 10:57 PM   #24

Interesting! Dandy was the only cat I ever registered, my Aby was pet quality, and my others were moggys, none of whom would have enjoyed the show experience at all! Puras were quite rare here then, which was why he was allowed to go on exhibit. I can see how showing can be addictive, especially when you have such gorgeous cats as Bliss and Mildred!

Catsey Veteran

21-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I can see how showing can be addictive, especially when you have such gorgeous cats as Bliss and Mildred!

Awwww thank you Eileen Yes, it is addictive and yes, they are gorgeous but then I am biased and I will always bring the best cat home from the show at the end of the day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
21-01-2007, 11:12 PM   #26

Congratulations on her first show, colours go way over my head LOL x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
24-01-2007, 10:04 PM   #27

Well down Fran and Bliss. Told you you could do it. Sorry I couldn't be there but I know you understand why. The pics are gorgeous, a definite natural show cat in the making. Give Bliss a big hug from me and Cory meows 'Well Done'. Can't wait to see her in the flesh at a show.

Love Kay. xx

Catsey Veteran

24-01-2007, 10:10 PM   #28

Awww thank you Kay, I couldn't have done it without your help! Can't wait to see you too x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
24-01-2007, 10:18 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Awww thank you Kay, I couldn't have done it without your help! Can't wait to see you too x
Not a problem anytime ....... although I don't quite know how I helped when I wasn't even there. Not that long till I see you all. You better make sure you have got the cats when you go home and that I haven't pinched one. Don't know what my lot would make of them though. They are the complete opposite of mine ....... no coat, large ears, long thin tail, long thin legs, very long triangular face against full heavy coat, very tiny ears, short bushy tail, short stocky legs and a large round face with a short nose.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-01-2007, 10:20 PM   #30

Sorry I missed this thread when I was offline Fran. Well done on Bliss's placings and looking forward to how well she'll do when re-registered.