Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-07-2009, 10:07 PM   #31

Re: Torchwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Captain Jack will save the day Kazz Its certainly a brilliant series....
Maybe the human race will save itself..........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #32

A lot is going to have to be resolved tomorrow - no Friday night down the pub .............................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #33

Well, it's going to be a cliffhanger again. Can't believe they killed off Ianto ... wanted Jack to do a Superman style reversal of time thing!
Will Jack save the world or do we all succumb to the 456 (or the 465 as I said yesterday )... will Gwen see her baby born?
Lots of political points made by the Govt and the 456; humanity's lack of concern for the millions of kids in 3rd world who die; sending the 'duller' kids off to be sacrificed etc. yep, not shy of controversy.
Good watercooler talk, as they say!

Catsey Veteran

10-07-2009, 08:05 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Well, it's going to be a cliffhanger again. Can't believe they killed off Ianto ... wanted Jack to do a Superman style reversal of time thing!
Will Jack save the world or do we all succumb to the 456 (or the 465 as I said yesterday )... will Gwen see her baby born?
Lots of political points made by the Govt and the 456; humanity's lack of concern for the millions of kids in 3rd world who die; sending the 'duller' kids off to be sacrificed etc. yep, not shy of controversy.
Good watercooler talk, as they say!
Yes totaly agree with everything you have said the way they picked the children..........scary but you know what it kinda rang like it would be the way they would decide...... .................. almost needs the Doctors intervention, but that unlikely; I think it will be either the children taken in 1965 who save us...as the aliens obviously need them or maybe the weather or something will save us... ......maybe the Darleks....

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #35

Well what did you think?

Catsey Veteran

11-07-2009, 12:15 PM   #36

That troubled me and I couldn't get the image of Jack's despair out of my mind. We do like our heros very flawed don't we. The political bits showed the really nasty cynical side of humanity. Was it a coincidence that the PM was Mr Green???

Who wants to live forever?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
12-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #37

I'm in mourning! Do you think that's the last we see of Torchwood and Capt Jack ? I hope not. As always, there were tears at the end of it and I really want to know if Gwen and Rhys are ok, and was their baby a boy or girl. I want to know will Jack and Alice ever be the same with each other again, can she ever forgive him for what he did?
Oh please Russell T. Davies, please don't leave us wondering! argh!

Catsey Veteran

12-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #38

I can't see Alice ever forgiving him....would you? although I do think Rhys and Gwen will be fine but it Torchwood so you never know...do you? I never expected him to let his grandson die or for Ianto to die but they did; its torchwood...makes you wonder how they will start again...maybe the only way to get Jack back will be if Gwen or Gwen's baby are in danger ............I can't see this being the last one. But the secretary who wore the contact lenses was a good addition, can't see that being her only time with the show. Especialy after what Gwen said "come see me for a job"
A good ending but I thought another episode would have been good it ended a little quickly for me to many un- answered questions.

Catsey Veteran

12-07-2009, 04:45 PM   #39

I expect John Barrowman is so busy with other commitments that it had to be left so as no-one knows IF that was the last Torchwood ever or not. He may want to reprise the role at a later date ......... or not.

Of course, Gwen and Rhys could be the new Torchwood with the contact lenses girl, who I admit would have been a very good addition. But with a baby in tow ..... perhaps it will be a CBBC spin-off, like the Sarah Jane Chronicles.