Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
07-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #1

Sunday daily

hi everyone. I've been to the gym this morning. Just about to go food shopping. Had a disaster at home as my incubator has broken with my eggs in So looks like I will loose 42 eggs/chicks, which is such a shame. Have a good day everyone.

PS If anyone has an incuabator I can borrow - let me know

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #2

Re: Sunday daily

So sorry about the incubator Smudgley. What a shame. Hope someone nearby has one you can borrow.

Bit of a grey old day here today - and chillier than the last two days which have been lovely and full of Spring promise. Pip has been out and come back in, he's turning out to be a sensible sort where weather is concerned - needs to be with his very short coat. Kizzy is still outside, but then her coat is a lot thicker!

More laundry and housework today. MIL's back has "gone" - so she's in a lot of pain and is watching the golf on TV with OH. We don't know what the problem is - OH thinks it's wind but she says it's a muscle spasm that she's had on and off for donkey's years, and, of course has never consulted a doctor about. Ah well.

Roast chicken tonight for supper with garlic and rosemary roast pots and veg.

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday. I am thinking about Eileen. I am sure she is safe, just hoping her power doesn't go down.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
07-02-2010, 03:00 PM   #3

Hope Eileen is ok, have been thinking about her.
Sorry to hear about your incubator Smudgley, hope you can manage to track down a replacement. What temperature do the eggs need to be maintained at?
Been busy here this morning, sorting out my dining/crafting room and preparing it for a new arrival
Hope you enjoy the rest of your day Angie, hope your MIL's back starts to feel better soon.
Lx

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #4

NEW ARRIVAL PL????? Do tell!

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
NEW ARRIVAL PL????? Do tell!
Well.... I was going to keep her a secret until she comes home (2 weeks to go now) but I'm just so excited it's impossible!
'She' is a black miniature poodle puppy who will be 8 1/2 weeks when she comes home

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #6

oooooooh! Can't wait for pictures. I had a little bet with Kizzy that you'd be getting a puppy rather than a kitten. I won!

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
oooooooh! Can't wait for pictures. I had a little bet with Kizzy that you'd be getting a puppy rather than a kitten. I won!
I don't think Imogen would tolerate another cat in her house! She has rather extreme reactions when she sees cats Not sure she'll like the puppy either, at least to begin with but she will be able to escape easily if it gets too much.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #8

congratulations PL on getting a new Puppy, have you picked out which you are getting and have you got a name?
We went to see our Puppy yesterday for the first time. Trouble is we can't pick untill the breeder has picked in another few weeks. We should be getting ours in about 3 weeks.
Sorry to hear about your incubator Smudgley, i hope someone can lend you one.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #9

Hi, all!~ Bitterly cold, -6 (20 F), but loads of brilliant sunshine which will help melt the monumental piles of snow. Still snowbound, my neighbors havent' started digging themselves out yet, so my walk is still impassable; hope someone will shovel soon! Two feet of heavy wet snow is too much for me. Getting a bit of cabin fever, and of course there was no newspaper delivery again; annoying as while the news is on TV and the computer, it's not the same. No comics!! No Dear Abby! Other than that, all's well. My street is partially plowed, and the buses not running yet.

Smudgley, what a shame about the incubator; hope you can find a loaner. Congrats to the puppy-expecting people; sorry about MIL's back, Angie ... always sometihng, isn't it? Hope all the poorly people are feeling better.

Catsey Veteran

07-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #10

Glad you've popped in Eileen - thought it was about time you usually post. Have you tried Sudoku online or that jigsaw site I sent you the link to - there are loads of other games on there. I haven't come across a crossword site, but I bet there is one!