Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #1

Gloomy Thursday

Yes another gloomy overcast day here, drizzly rain, not much wind to blow the clouds away but quite a bit warmer - 8C according to my PC.

OH took his mum to see the psychiatrist this morning - the locum has gone and there is a bright young woman in the post now. I didn't go as I was waiting for the grocery delivery and I missed MIL throwing a wobbly in front of the doctor, being rude and aggressive and then upset and tearful too. Hooray! The doctor has seen her as she can be, not all smiles and light that she used to put on for the previous male doctor. Isn't it amazing??? Shame I missed it really. But OH is upset (sorry keyboard batteries went kaput) that his mother was rude to the doctor.

Have a good day everyone. I do so hope that poorly peeps are feeling better today and pusscats too/

Edited to say: the sun is trying to come out now! Don't we live in an interesting country weather-wise?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #2

Re: Gloomy Thursday

I have every sympathy for your MIL Angie having been through that situation myself with a relative. They need a special understanding and need to feel respected and valued for who they are now, as well as for who they were in the past. Dementia and alzheimer's is a cruel disease and it's fortunate that those afflicted are often unaware of the burden that is put on their carers.

It can be awful growing old can't it?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #3

Beautiful sunny day here, the calm before the storm. It's 0 (34 F), not windy. Just got back from Whole Foods, it was a complete madhouse with people stocking up before the big storm tomorrow/Saturday. Checkout lines very long, even the Express. Got gin also, am all set; they are hedging on the amount of snow expected, anything from 12 to 21"; whatever, it's going to be another BAD one.

Angie, that is so hard for you and OH, (((hugs))).

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-02-2010, 07:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Beautiful sunny day here, the calm before the storm. It's 0 (34 F), not windy. Just got back from Whole Foods, it was a complete madhouse with people stocking up before the big storm tomorrow/Saturday. Checkout lines very long, even the Express. Got gin also, am all set; they are hedging on the amount of snow expected, anything from 12 to 21"; whatever, it's going to be another BAD one.

Angie, that is so hard for you and OH, (((hugs))).

Glad to see you got essentials there Eileen.....in the form of Gin

This country struggles with 1 - 2".....stay warm

Catsey Veteran

04-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Yes another gloomy overcast day here, drizzly rain, not much wind to blow the clouds away but quite a bit warmer - 8C according to my PC.

OH took his mum to see the psychiatrist this morning - the locum has gone and there is a bright young woman in the post now. I didn't go as I was waiting for the grocery delivery and I missed MIL throwing a wobbly in front of the doctor, being rude and aggressive and then upset and tearful too. Hooray! The doctor has seen her as she can be, not all smiles and light that she used to put on for the previous male doctor. Isn't it amazing??? Shame I missed it really. But OH is upset (sorry keyboard batteries went kaput) that his mother was rude to the doctor.

Have a good day everyone. I do so hope that poorly peeps are feeling better today and pusscats too/

Edited to say: the sun is trying to come out now! Don't we live in an interesting country weather-wise?
Angie sorry your OH is upset but maybe the Docs with understand now although I imagine that they do understand just sometimes it does not seem it when someone is sweetness and light in the presence.

Catsey Veteran

04-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #6

Well news from here is Mom is home, she has had a replacement/repaired synthetic gullet and had three hiatus hernia's repaired. No wonder she could not eat. Apparently eating will be back to normal (which it hasn't been for almost 2 years now) within 6 months....or less.

Got to go being summonened

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-02-2010, 08:04 PM   #7

Karen ,i'm glad your Mums op went well, it never ceases to amaze me what can be done.
angie sorry to hear about your MIL, i hope you and your OH are getting the support you need

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #8

Kazz - glad your mom is safely home and great good wishes for her recovery. How is she in herself?

And how are you????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #9

Glad to see you got essentials there Eileen.....in the form of Gin

Priorities, Kazz, priorities! ! Glad your mom's home ad on the way to recovery; hope all will go well for your dad too. How are you feeling today?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
04-02-2010, 09:07 PM   #10

Evening all. Wasnt too bad a day here weatherwise, was bloody busy walking doggies though, nature of the business I guess
Angie, my heart goes out to you and your O/H, not to mention your MIL, must be sooo hard to deal with and watch.
Kazz, glad your mum's op went well, hope you are feeling better also.
Eileen, I like a woman who knows her priorities, stay safe and warm till the storm is over xxx