Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #1

Melting Monday

A slight warmup here, is -3 (27 F) with bright sunshine and will get above freezing by afternoon finally!! The streets are plowed and the buses running again. But the downside is: more snow tomorrow afternoon/evening....aaarhg! When will it end? I stayed in, could have gotten out but it's just so cold I put the market off till tomorrow morning. Leia tried the porch this morning, promptly in in about 5 seconds and on her radiator.

Hope the poorly people are feeling a bit better, stay warm and enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
01-02-2010, 06:43 PM   #2

Re: Melting Monday

Hello all.
I feel like crap!!!
Hope the rest of you are well xxxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #3

So sorry you're feeling bad Elaine - it's no wonder if you've got the flu and are still taking dogs for walks and all the worry with Eva. Take care of yourself please!

I retreated to bed again this morning, but am feeling a lot better now and have had a shower and washed my hair which sort of takes a long time when you feel you're doing everything at snail's pace. But definitely better which is good as OH is playing golf tomorrow and I try hard not to be the cause of him not having his R&R. I have a "ladies that lunch" do on Wednesday, so I'm also having some R&R this week.

It's been a bright and cold day here. We had a heavy frost and a flurry of snow, but very little. Pip and Kizzy have been out on their own and come home safely.

I hope anyone else who is feeling poorly is a bit better today, people and cats both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-02-2010, 07:26 PM   #4

Hiya all

Eileen glad you could have got out proves you will be able to I will request for a warmer spell for you tomorrow...

Sorry you feel rough Elaine. And glad you feel a little better Angie.

My health news is not great....I am off work today feel terible honestly, really rough and not stopped being ill been prescribed Buccastem by the Doctor to stop me being ill and therefore stop me dehydrating....as cannot keep any fluid down at all even water... will have to see if this works if not have to go to the Doctors tomorrow....have an appointment penciled in...making life really difficult with Mom being in hospital. I cannot leave the house (due to being so bad) and no one can come in because of the risk of passing this to the family incase they pass it to Mom in hospital....so I am in voluntary isolation.

Dad has had to go round to my brothers to stay in case I have something catching he can't afford to get it with his Stomach cancer and awaiting stomach surgery (pencilled in for 22nd Feb now) so luckily my brothers wife and children are at her Dad's this week for his 70th......down in Devon so my brother is alone at the house. Dad has had to go there in case what I have is catching....Doctor has taken some samples today, hopefully have result by Thursday...by which time I hope to be better anyhow...

Anyhow off to feel sorry for myself now...luckily the dog is immune to my illness and is here to keep me company.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #5

Sorry you feel so ill Kazz, really hope you start to feel better very soon .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-02-2010, 08:00 PM   #6

I appear to be in good company Mags.....

Catsey Veteran

01-02-2010, 08:35 PM   #7

Oh Kazz - so sorry you sound very poorly. Such a worry with your Mom and Dad too. Hope that the meds work for you and that the test results are OK. ((((HUGS))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
01-02-2010, 08:56 PM   #8

Sorry you are feeling unwell Elaine and Kazz and so sorry you are having a difficult time with your mum & dad Kazz. ((hugs))

I have had a tiring day, had to go to Luton to magistrates court as a witness as I witnessed racial abuse and intimidation on a train home from London in September. Had to get up really early and giving evidence wasa quite stressful as I had never done this before. Wasn's as bad as I thought though and at least it is all over now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
01-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #9

Oh dear, three poorly people! Take care of yourselves, it's awful being sick (((hugs))) all around.

Kim. I had to testify in court once about a possible misappropriation of funds case; quite unpleasant, isn't it?

Catsey Veteran

01-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #10

It's no fun going to court - I felt so guilty - and I was on the JURY!