Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
31-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #1

Snotty Sunday

Morning all, been up since 5.45 am but awake long before that due to this blooming cold I have. Cannt breathe, constant runny nose, sore throat etc etc. The good news is, I'll live (or maybe that's the bad news ), the bad news is, I am more cranky than normal .
Have updated Eva's thread so wont go on about it here.
Gotta get washed and dressed, think I'll get the menthol crystals out and steam my face too, then off out with pup for a bit followed by a nap.
It's turned really cold here again but fingers crossed we have no more snow.
Have a great day every one xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
31-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #2

Re: Snotty Sunday

Not much to report here; still weak and prone to sleeping. My hands are shaking whilst I type and I just want to go and lie down. Shame, because the sun is shining outside and the others have good riding and then to the allotment.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #3

So sorry you're suffering Elaine. Take care of yourself.

I was in bed yesterday with the usual pains and feeling drained and tired today. Still taking the iron pills and have an appointment with the Gynae later in February.

Nothing much to report here. Kizzy has been a huge comfort and Pip is not sure why he's having to amuse himself.

Cold but bright her today. Hopefully will be able to manage an hour birdwatching through the window - it's the RSPB's Great Garden Birdwatch weekend and I do like to contribute my sightings. Generally find however that the birds know in advance and fly off somewhere else. They don't seem to like being counted!!!

My thoughts are with PoshPuss, Elaine and Yola today and Eva and Maxi too.

Have a good day everyone.

(Hi Yola! Good to see you - take it easy. You'll feel stronger soon.)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-01-2010, 12:56 PM   #4

Morning all.
Can I join the sick call please.... ?

Feel terrible no real idea why, I was fine yesterday early on, I just feel drained and really rough, no energy and a bad headache. Apart from the headache no real symptoms at all.
Not like me really unless I have a "reason before such as operation to be ill" and I could do with not being ill at the moment with Mom in hospital and Dad due to go in. I will obviously have to not visit Mom if I am poorly as she is in "critical care" following her replacement gullet.

Anyhow hope those who are poorly are feeling a bit better later including me.

Off to browse the site not being around for a bit.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
31-01-2010, 02:40 PM   #5

Oh dear, sounds like the lurgy is going round Catsey

Get well wishes to all those of you who are feeling poorly ........ hope you'll all start to feel better soon.

Special healing thoughts also to Kazz's mum after her operation.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
31-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #6

Get well soon everyone, such a lot of unwellness around at the moment.

Angie - we did our RSPB hour this morning and it was just as you described, very few around and what we did see were not really representative of our normal visitors. No coal or long-tailed tits, no chaffinches, no nuthatch, no sparrows etc. I too think they knew all about the survey and have tried to confuse the statistics!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
31-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #7

It's uncanny, isn't it, MrsH? Not the first year I've noticed it either .... I'm glad I'm not the only one whose birds seem to make themselves scarce.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
31-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #8

Hi all, sorry so many are poorly and hope you all improve rapidly; sending good vibes for your mom's recovery Kazz. That is weird about the birds!

The forecast of a dusting to a few inches was way off: we got 6.4 at the airport, official reading, but more here. It's still bitterly cold, -6 (21 F), but at least the sun is shining brightly today. Should finally make above freezing tomorrow; what a dreadful Winter it has been, Lucked out: I had just gone out bundled up to shovel the walk when my neighbor happened by as I started and did it for me! So the paper was rescued and I will stay indoors with it and the puzzle. May not go out tomorrow either if the sidewalks are bad; street has been plowed but haven't seen any buses running .... as usual, weather is my news; all's well here; Leia hasn't been on the porch in days - sensible cat!

Do take care, say warm!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
31-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #9

I have attempted to do the birdwatch and what happened 1 pidgeon..... ...

Where were my sparrows, blue tits, robin, starling, or even my female blackbird. No where to be seen.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
01-02-2010, 12:05 AM   #10

Hi all - sorry to read some of you have been unwell. I had a dreadful cold/chest infection last week only starting to feel better last end of the week so guess it is doing the rounds.

I am, at last, back 'on line'. I have so missed my catsey fix. Ended up getting a dell laptop and an external hard drive for all my photos etc. Had real problems trying to connect it to broadband spent ages trying to make the connection only to discover after holding on the helpline for ages that the internet was down - arghhh.

Apart from the terrible weather and sniffles, not much happening here.

Was offered a kitten yesterday and although I have said no, it is the first time since losing Kinsi and then Alfie that I have felt a little window of maybe open.

I so miss having a cat around the house. Never been cat free since I was 17.

Take care everyone.

CM