Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
29-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #1

Bit of a Gloomy Friday

Not so cold, but it's very overcast and black over the back of Bill's mother's and rain is on the way I suppose. Not as cold as the earlier part of the week though.

I'm afraid that MIL has been an absolute nightmare since last Friday - her hallucinations are just as bad as ever they were and she is so unsettled. OH is losing his patience and I am afraid that I am staying out of the way more and more.

Little Pip is fine and always makes us smile so we do get some light relief.

Anyway, I have quite a lot of work to get on with today. Keep busy - best thing.

Kizzy has just chirruped at me, so needs a cuddle!

Will pop back later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
29-01-2010, 02:41 PM   #2

Re: Bit of a Gloomy Friday

Sorry that MIL is getting you down so much Angie, it must be so difficult to manage her care.

Here, it's also grim and dark, we've had the lights on since we got up, must take the dog out soon, hope we don't get soaked!

The tree surgeon finally managed to get here today after having had to cancel twice during the snowy/icy weather. He's done a good job again, we have a tidy-looking silver birch beside the drive now and he gave it a clean bill of health too. A woman came past and stopped her car, asked if she could have the wood, so she filled the back of her estate car and drove off happy at getting something for nothing!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-01-2010, 04:49 PM   #3

Brrrr! The Arctic blast is here, it's cloudy and only -9 (15 F), wind chill is -16!! Really bitter on the way to and from the market; needed to stock up on fresh produce because of the forecast snow tomorrow, and don't know how the streets will be Sunday. Had my grocery delivery yesterday so all set on other things. Probably be indoors till Monday!

Sorry MIL is so poorly; hard on all of you, Angie. MrsH, lucky lady to get the wood, birch burns beautifully.

Stay warm all, have a nice day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
29-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #4

Freezing here too, not as cold you where you are Eileen but blooming cold all the same. Been snowing heavily again on and off all day, making driving slow and slippy.
Angie, sorry you are having such a rough time with your MIL. xxx
My throat hurts, my back aches, I'm shivering, gonna dope myself to the eyeballs with cold and flu stuff all weekend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
29-01-2010, 06:43 PM   #5

Cold over this way too. Work this morning then home to ring our Puppy breeder, we are going to see the Pups next Sat, can't wait. Going to a Doll club meeting tomorrow, then Dads birthday Sun.
Sorry to hear about your MIL angie, it must be very sad and very hard work.
Elaine , sorry to hear you're ill, you have enough on your plate at the moment.