Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #1

Thursday, funny sort of day

Weather people gave it rain for today no signs yet though. It's incredibly still and warm though. Lovely to see the silver birch trees by the railway spring green against the grey of the sky.

Still doing my last things before my trip, trying to get all the bedding changed and washed and ironed before I go. Lots of birthdays this month so a pile of cards going in the post today, some will have them early but that's just the way it is.

Hope your fur babes are all well, as well as your hooman friends and family

haven't the daffodils been wonderful this year, I'll post some pics of the park near us later. have fun x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #2

Re: Thursday, funny sort of day

Morning PP! A lovely day here too today, the pollution cloud has passed us I am glad to say and we can see blue sky and fluffy white clouds. I know other areas are still badly affected and hope you will be able to see blue skies again very soon.

Yes, the daffs have been wonderful and are nearly over here now but narcissus are out and tulips coming.

We have a grocery delivery later this morning, out of bread completely and nearly out of milk.

Furry friends all well and (I think) now settled for their naps.

Onwards and upwards for you PP - ironing bedding, I never ever thought I'd do it, but I do now, it makes such a difference to comfort levels!

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-04-2014, 12:19 PM   #3

Hello all. I ironed a duvet cover once- won't be doing that again!

Two weeks to go- it all feels very odd as I don't really have much to do but feel that I SHOULD be working as I am still being paid....... Ho hum- my inbox used to be unmanageable and now no-one seems to talk to me.

Smudge has had her insulin increased slightly but still seems well. She gets bored with the food so the vet gave us a different diabetic variety and she licked the bowl clean. Mind you- she did that at the beginning with the other stuff- I suspect we will need to keep swapping them around for her.

It is grey here with occasional glimpses of sun. I have bedding on the line (which most certainly win't be ironed) so fingers crossed it dries.

I'm glad you have lost the pollution Angie- it must be a bit scary with your breathing problems. Have a great trip PP- you sound very organised!

Hello to anyone else dropping in

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
03-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #4

Good morning everyone. Good to see the weather has lifted for you PoshPuss. I have to remember that you are coming into your summer while we are heading towards winter.Hope you get through all your washing and ironing. Angieh, enjoy the lovely weather.It's horrid when you run out of bread and milk. Reminds me, I must buy some bread tomorrow. Poor Smudge, cats' staff. At least she is enjoying her new food. Long may it last.Hope your washing gets dry. It's evening here and I'm off to bed. I bought a chill-out mat for Willow today, so that should arrive in a couple of days. Also heard from EQC that my house repairs should begin around August but it will need to be assessed by structural engineers yet again as earlier visits indicated foundation damage.Another lengthy wait no doubt. Enjoy your Thursday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
03-04-2014, 04:35 PM   #5

Afternoon everyone. Sounds like we are all busy!!

Posh when do u go on your trip?
Angie, hope your delivery arrived promt for you.
CS hope smudge is ok
Dinky, great to hearbyour repairs will be getting done albeit in august

I have been out with OH as he had a big drive to get to the call he had today. Im off for a couple of days so went with him. Poor barney isnt well. Had the runs since this morning and then he was sick a couple of times when we got home. Keeping an eye on him and no dinner for him tonight. Cats are great, no probs with them

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #6

evening all.
Busy day, work this morning and then chris has his friend over this evening, we take the easy option now and have a chippy tea, ( very nice and naughty,lol )
Pamela, hope Barney is better soon.
CS, glad Smudge is enjoying her food again.
Angie, glad the pollution has passed you by.
Nette, sounds like you are organised.
Dinky, sweet dreams.