Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-03-2014, 09:26 AM   #1

Fit for Friday!

Morning all! Another years worth of mileage on the clock for me today and 365 days to get plenty of action in this year. I'm 54, I don't act like it, with a bit of clever make up I sometimes don't look it and I'm grateful to be healthy enough that I don't feel it that much.

Just a quiet day really, going to get my hair cut and coloured, may go a bit jazzy and get a new style but there is very little that can be done with my mop. Ceri's off to stroke club and this afternoon if the weather holds, we'll take a run out to Brecon for a bit of mountain air. There's lovely cafe there called Giglio's where they do lovely lattes and cinnamon toast. mmmm.

Hope you are all well, and your loved ones too. have fun x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #2

Re: Fit for Friday!

Happy birthday P.P
HAVE A BRILLIANT DAY.........sounds lovely.

I have got one line of washing on the line and bedding in the machine for the next one. Off to B'ham dogs home today to donate the money we raised when Dave died to them he wanted it to go to them as he rehomed his last two dogs from them. In fact got to go now.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
21-03-2014, 10:38 AM   #3

Happy happy happy birthday Posh Puss. May it be a great one for you.Cinnamon toast sounds wonderful.Enjoy it. Kazz, have a good visit to the dog home.A lovely idea to donate to such a good cause. Good for you. My daughter has just made a bunch of oven fries so am going to have a few, then off to bed shortly.My kidney infection seems to be getting a bit better but I'm having scans next week so might know more then. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
21-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #4

Penblwydd Hapus Posh Puss, (I lived in Mid Wales for 12 years). Lovely area Brecon, haven't been for years. Glad to hear you're feeling a little better Dinky. I too have got the washer on, dog bed covers this time. May snow here later. OH had his diabetic retinopathy first thing then he'll take the dogs out for a big run while I go to a meeting. Hope for fine weather tomorrow, seem to get more done when it's sunny.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #5

Hi all! Happy Birthday PP! Sounds like a good day you have planned and I hope the sun shines on you.

It's been shining all morning here and I have two loads out drying, but it is clouding over a bit so I have alerted the dogs to woof if there's a patter of rain and I'll have to run (that will be a first for many years!)

Had my last calligraphy lesson of the term yesterday afternoon and took my little concertina book. I was very happy and a bit embarrassed by the praise I received. My tutor said that if I'd entered it in the Art and the Letter exam, I would have "got something" - she didn't mention what though!!! On to something new now, a calligram in the shape of an apple is sparking interest just now and I do have another idea that is slowly taking root.

Just ordered a load of seeds, tomatoes and herbs - my gardening man has kindly cleaned out the greenhouse and so that is nearly finished, so will be planting seeds soon.

Dinky, I am glad to hear that you think your kidney infection is getting a bit easier. Must say with all your problems, quakes and weather you do manage to sound bright and positive.

Kazz, hope you don't get too tempted at the dogs' home - there is always one little face ....

Have a good day peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-03-2014, 06:23 PM   #6

Afternoon all! Had a lovely birthday so far, my hairdresser has given me a new colour, copper with gold streaks, has lots of warm red tones. She has straightened it with irons so a new look for me but I feel my natural waves will resist my efforts and I'll be struggling to maintain this smart look!
We didn't get to Brecon, had visitors and ended up going for a pub lunch, but was still nice, liver and onions with buttery mash

Diolch yn fawr, FM, wish I could speak fluent Welsh but I couldn't get the hang of it, just the common phrases.
No washing for me today Kazz, in fact there is a hailstone shower hitting the windows as I write!
Dinky, get well soon, UTIs are not nice.
Angie, that concertina book deserves lots of praise and I hope the tutor will submit it for some recognition.

Well, feet up with wine and chocs for me tonight, I'll try and control the Tv remote but there's rugby on, I may be banished to the bedroom telly !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-03-2014, 08:34 PM   #7

evening all.
Work this morning and then a good visit with my friend who has been in hospital.
Although still in very poor health she is a lot more positive and has plans so all good. we enjoyed looking at old photos.
Nette, your hairdo sounds nice, you and i are the same age.
Angie, i look forward to hearing about your new project.
dinky, glad you are feeling a bit better.
FM , hoping for nice weather tomorrow here too but i shant hold my breath,lol.
Karen, how nice that the money collected has gone to the dogs home.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
21-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #8

Glad you had a good day PP. Not fluent Welsh, which I regret, but used to understand a lot. Lost my ear for it now though. Been in England too long. Was honorary Welsh while I lived there until it came to rugby. Married to an ex prop so I miss the Welsh TV for all the rugby, don't get much here.

Thanks Angie, just remembered I haven't taken the washing out of the washer yet. Had a visit to doctor so it went out of my head. Will do it now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
21-03-2014, 09:19 PM   #9

Happy Birthday PP!