Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-03-2014, 03:35 PM   #1

Rainy thursday

afternoon all.
as the title suggests it is rainy here.
Been to work this morning, back home now, out later to pick my sons friend up and that's about it folks.............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
20-03-2014, 07:33 PM   #2

Re: Rainy thursday

Hi Shelley, Showers here, heavy when they come too.

Not much going on today, had a good clean out of one cupboard and put all my photo albums away. Up until now they have been in a storage crate. Made a roast chicken dinner and we're waiting for Ceri to go off with his mates to the Budgie Club.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #3

Nette, if its not a daft question, What is the Budgie club ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-03-2014, 10:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Tut tut shelley is it not obvious a lot of budgies in a room trying to get men to talk.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-03-2014, 11:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Tut tut shelley is it not obvious a lot of budgies in a room trying to get men to talk.

Oppps mean to say evening all been to my Aunt's today and hospital appointments for her and then discovered her armchair (fireside winged chair) has broken .....did she say NOOOOOOO I sat on it and almost went through she said its been like that 6 months Now need to get over and get her a chair Agggghhh another day of my holiday gone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
21-03-2014, 09:33 AM   #6

Quote:
I know it sounds a bit mad eh?

Ceri used to keep exhibition budgerigars before his stroke, he bred them and showed them at competitions where the best would get rosettes etc. Like cat and dog shows the purpose is to breed to an ideal standard, there are lots of colours and mutations of colour that have their own group and it can get fiercely competitive. Mostly men breed and show but there are women too, and couples/partnerships that exhibit.

He doesn't keep them now, he can't see properly to handle them and his motivation to look after himself, let alone birds, has nose-dived since his brain took a thumping. His mates keep him in the loop by taking him along to monthly meetings where he can chat and they have videos and talks etc. Plus they meet in a pub, which is a bonus

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
21-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #7

Posh Puss, my youngest daughter, Janna, has a hand reared English budgie called Damon. He is an amazing little guy, extremely tame and talks beautifully.Your husband must have been sad to get rid of his budgies, but at least he can still discuss them with his budgie breeder friends.Damon comes out of his cage every evening for 3 hours to fly around the lounge. The cats are banned from the lounge during this time of course, although they watch Damon intently from behind the glass sliding doors.