Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-03-2011, 06:57 AM   #1

Up with the Larks Saturday

Morning all, just having a second cup of tea and then setting off for the Doll fair, car is packed with goodies, here's hoping i have a good day.
See you all later, hope your day is as good as i hope mine is

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-03-2011, 08:19 AM   #2

Re: Up with the Larks Saturday

morning shelley and those to follow. Hope you enjoy your day shelley, sounds really good

Im just getting ready to head to work. Before i go though im putting a pic of the cats together on my phone so i can show them off

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #3

Hi Shelley, Pamela, those to come...

Wow, that is a really early start Shelley - hope you have a good day and it's worth it.

Pic of the cats together sounds wonderful Pamela - hope that everyone at work enjoys it.

I've got a church thing starting at 10 today that I'm helping out at - runs til 12, but it will likely be past one it stops - cause 12 is really when we bring out the food! Should hopefully be a good day. Our biggest problem with it is that the numbers of people we have coming are starting to push the amount of space we have available...

Catch up later on!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #4

Hi ladies! You all are really larks, up so early! I'm an owl, love to have a nice lie-in after being up late as usual. Cloudy, mild today, 10 C (49 F) now before lunch; rain by midnight then all day Sunday. Ugh, but we are running behind on rain, and at least it's not snow.

I hadn't gotten around to ordering my seeds yet, so decided to test what's left over from last year to see the germination percentage; if it's viable will go with that. Just started them last evening.

Shelley, have fun at the fair, Pamela, hope the pics do well, and that the church fete thing is successful, Squirrel.

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #5

Hey there Eileen. Hope that you find last years flower stuff is viable for this year. I wouldn't know what to look for!

Lark? Mix of having to get up for work, and having a wee girl who likes me to be up by about 7 - especially with this new light weather. I'm talking to my Dad about the possibility of black out blinds or soemthing for the lounge... Right now I'm tired in general, so it doesn't happen much, but I'm a right sucker for staying up late reading!

Family fun morning went well thanks. Place was bursting at the seams.

Have a good rest of your day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #6

Squirrel, seed testing couldn't be simpler. Take a moist paper towel, put some of the seeds on it, fold over and put in a plastic bag to keep damp. Room temperature is fine. Check in a few days to a week to see if anything has germinated. Voila! This years tomatoes, basil and chilis......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #7

Afternoon people. I am neither an owl nor a lark this weekend, my body clock is still confused after the nights this week at work, and now it appears I am on nights again this week....just when I had got organised. Oh well anyhow been to Sainsburys and stocked up. Having home made Butter chicken curry tonight (sauce out of jar) its gorgeous.
With boiled rice and a Nan. With sides of bombay potato and Aloo Gobi.

Meant to say saw the Kings Speech yesterday and enjoyed it. Just debating which day to go to Crufts do not like Sat or Sunday (too busy) so Friday looks to be winning out now I am working nights again, will be asleep or not with it Thursday (working Wednesday)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #8

Son and DIL are here and she's brought a very heavy cold with her While I feel sorry for her, I do hope she doesn't pass it on to me as I have enough problems to be going on with! Having a chilli tonight as I can buy low fat mince so should be able to keep within my 3% fat limit for the meal but I'll have to forego the sour cream

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsH
Son and DIL are here and she's brought a very heavy cold with her While I feel sorry for her, I do hope she doesn't pass it on to me as I have enough problems to be going on with! Having a chilli tonight as I can buy low fat mince so should be able to keep within my 3% fat limit for the meal but I'll have to forego the sour cream

Mrs H up your vitaminC I am trying my best to avoid this heavy cold going round here.........like hide and seek I can't afford to catch a cold that would really lay me out already, low at the moment cold would be the final straw.

Hope you don;t get it.

Is there no option for sour cream?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz

Is there no option for sour cream?
I'll just do without, I can't risk such a high fat item, last weekend I had a couple of cookies and a cheese sandwich and it all kicked off again with pain (not as bad as previously though) vomiting (bile and blood) couldn't even keep water down. I've got my scan on Tuesday so we'll see what it shows, until then I have to stick to a low fat diet (reading labels assiduously) but ultimately the probability is that I'll need to have the gallbladder removed. I know a couple of people who have had this op and they can have a normal diet now.