Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
04-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #11

Re: My son Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
we only let Malaika off in certain places and under certain circumstances. Her recall is very good for a Basenji, the problem is she sometimes forgets she has good recall if there is something more interesting.
I never leave the house without a poo bag now and always pick up after her. I quite like the idea of designated dog areas in parks were they can be off lead.
That is exactly what our issue was with the beardy we had. That and her beign clever enough to be able to loosen her coller while alone... meant that if I wanted to pull her away from another dog while on the lead, I'd have the russian roulette over whether or not she'd come, or simply slip the coller!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #12

Re: My son Jim

Washington is quite strict: no dogs off leash except in designated parks, also a fine for not poop-scooping! The parks are fenced off, lots of containers for waste, etc. There are several in each quadrant of the City; usually a big drama when a new one is being proposed between the pro and anti-park factions!