Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #1

Flip, it's Friday again

Can't believe how fasssssst time goes.
Have my eldest son here this morning, it's his 26th birthday, mine was yesterday so we had celebrations last night.
The morning has started in an interesting way.
Tom had knocked my birthday cards down on the window sill and been sick on them and now Jerry has just pood under the bed
Taking Malaika to meet her friends, it's Enya the red setters birthday today so i hope she brings cake
When i come back i need to get some dolls ready for the fair tomorrow, should be a lovely weekend.
Hope everyone has a good day, will check in later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
04-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #2

Re: Flip, it's Friday again

Morning Shelley... You know, it reads a little like you had your 26th b-day yest, and it's sons today... Boy, that was fast!!!

More seriously though - it can't have been fun being so heavily pregnant on your b-day 26 years ago! Hope you had a good day yest. And I hope the rest of today is good... don't think being ganged up on by the cats would be much fun though...

Bit of a dull, overcast and heading for misty start to the day here. Wee one is resting on the other couch - after her mad dash time. I think she does prefer life when am home.

Hope all goes well with everyone!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
04-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #3

Kate,
i can tell you that the older you get the faster time goes , it's quite scary.
No it wasn't fun being so pregnant on my birthday, he wasn't due untill the 17th but decided to arrive early, he still has a great sense of timing, NOT
I ended up in hospital on my birthday, however i was glad at the time as i was terrified and was glad when it was over,lol.
Has Cloud tired herself out, i love it when they do their mad dashes. I'm sure she does prefer it when you're home.

Catsey Veteran

04-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #4

I think that time passes quite quickly enough at the moment, so it jolly well better not speed up too much more in the coming years!!!

Yeah, doesn't sound like a fun way to spend a b-day, especially with you saying he was early, and it all a bit frightening.

Cloudly is now sleeping up on top of her cat furniture. Think she did tire herself out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
04-03-2011, 11:37 AM   #5

Sorry Shelley I didn't notice a birthday thread yesterday so my birthday wishes to you are a day late! Sounds as though you celebrated well though with your son. Today is OH's birthday but because I've been a bit poorly he's not let me out of his sight so I didn't even get a chance to buy him a card

I've got to get some housework done today as son and DIL are coming down from London tomorrow and their room needs airing, freshening up and the bed made, and because I've not been 100% there's a lot of general clearing up to do elsewhere in the house too. At the moment it's coffee-break so I'm just sitting here planning what I'm going to do! Going to have a nice low-fat prawn salad (no dressing of course!) for my lunch later on and I'll follow that with a low-fat yoghurt and a clementine, don't want to upset my gallbladder again!

Catsey Veteran

04-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #6

Sorry to hear all that MrsH *hugs*. I'm sure you can celebrate more with OH as time goes on.

I don't know that there was a b-day thread for Shelley... We may not have known that it was her b-day until now? *shrugs*

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #7

Sorry Shelley to have missed your Birthday yesterday .... didn't know you shared the day with our Mags. Did you not want to put your birthday details on your profile? Anyway, I send Happy Belated Birthday wishes and hope you enjoyed your day and hope you will enjoy Enya's birthday today!!! It's great when people celebrate their pets' special days with others.

Lovely sunny day here today, a bit nippy and we have had two frosty nights. Kizzy and Pip have been racing in and out this morning, making the most of the sunshine. They will sleep the afternoon away as usual I expect! OH and I have started marking up his mum's clothes for her Monday admission. No-one has told her and she wouldn't remember anyway if we told her but I am sure that she's got a sixth sense and has wind of something ... she's been very anxious this morning and wouldn't allow the carer to help her this morning as she was up and dressed with the lark, talking about packing. She says she wishes she'd never come here and now we've said that she doesn't have to wait very long before she goes. It's difficult to realise that she doesn't mean to be mean.

Anyway, onwards and upwards as they say. Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

04-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #8

Ouch Angie! *hugs* After all the work you've put into looking after her too. But it must be a bit scary when you're not remembering things. Sometimes it's the things family say which hurt the worst of anything - especially when you're putting in all the effort you can into something...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
04-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #9

You are so right Squirrel. Dementia is a terrible thing.

Catsey Veteran

04-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #10

Mmmmm... When my parents were looking after my Dad's Mum (though she never came to stay with us, just lived in the same town, and Dad got power of attorny so he could take decisions for her), my Mum eventually reached the stage of saying she wished that if she started to develop it, that someone would shoot her...

My biggest memories are of when Gran was only just starting to develop it and kept on complaining about her short term memory, and a little later on when she could repeat things several times in the course of a few minutes... I found it trying when Gran visited us - you've done so well actually having her stay with you for so long.