Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-03-2011, 10:47 PM   #1

30 second update . . .

So sorry I've been around so little, I've really missed Catsey. Things are very hectic . . . which isn't too bad.

After the hell of last year, this year is showing promise. Business is steady at a good level but personal finances are still a bit wobbly as a result of our dear friends at the bank, but it's a case of 2 steps forward 1 step back. Thankfully haven't taken a hit on too many things (yet); still have the house and can just about scrape together the boys' school fees

We've kept most of our old clients and are winning news ones and getting some very interesting enquiries all this bodes well for future business and therefore revenue.

The lease car went back (the repo man was a real gent - honestly)!! and instead I replaced it with a 10 year old Mercedes CLK convertible - it's a quick one (320) so I'm enjoying whizzing around in it (as are the boys), and can't wait until I can drive topless when the weather's warmer It's a joy to drive!!

Boys are doing good. Sebi is learning to ride alongside Dominik now and on Saturday will have his first swimming lesson! Sebs has settled down at school now and is learning his sounds and coming on in leaps and bounds. Dominik is my little soldier and doing his best to, well, do his best! He's a perfectionist though and gets very angry with himself if he falls short of his own high expectations!

Cats: Fifi's paw still has it's tumour but it's not growing, it's not causing her any discomfort as she's wandering around and jumping quite happily and it's not weeping or bleeding at all. We'll leave it and watch and see; she seems so much less stressed then when she went through the ops to remove the cancerous tissue that I can't bring myself to have her paw amputated . . . she's nearly 14 after all.

Balie . . . Hmmmm. He's really up and down. He has several days in a row when he eats really well and then will throw up and have a bad bout of the runs and will 'shut down' in his basket for a day or two and then revive. He is loosing weight still but a little more gradually. We are having regular weigh-ins at the vet and are monitoring him carefully. But overall, heading in the wrong direction I fear.

Myshka - well, what can I say! He's just as adorable, cuddly, fluffy and full of attitude as ever. He's still very puppy-like and will follow me everywhere around the house. All is well with Mysh

OK - so that's a very quick update on what's happening with me. What's happened in your world that I need to know about that I might have missed?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
01-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #2

Re: 30 second update . . .

It's good to see you here again Yola, we've missed you!

So pleased things are looking better for you this year...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
01-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #3

Hi Yola, good to see you, pleased everything is going well for you....

Catsey Veteran

01-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #4

Thanks Mags What's new with you? How's Cassie? Any more interesting holidays undertaken?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
01-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #5

Hi, Yola!! I'm glad to hear you're doing relatively well. And you seem to be really positive about everything too, love it
Nothing exciting here except Kuan Yin had some mysterious acute renal issue which she's recovered from. Hestia is hyperthyroid now. And Solomon is growing into a little Man-Cat at one years old now.
K's health is steady despite his lack of motivation for doctors. He seems better without them and all their medications actually. He's turning 40 this weekend.
Me, I'm the same as usual...

Global Moderator

01-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Thanks Mags What's new with you? How's Cassie? Any more interesting holidays undertaken?
Things are still the same as ever here Cassie is fine, thanks, she will be 14 this year and is beginning to slow down a bit.

We went to Orlando last year, had a great time ....it knocked years off me!

We are also going back to Dubrovnik again this year.

What about you ...... do you hope to go back to Italy at all?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #7

Hi Yola - glad to hear that you are all OK and that things are looking up.

Kizzy and Pip are fine and really the only different news from my neck of the woods is that OH made the decision to find a residential place for his mum, which we have done and she is going in next Monday. We are going to tell her that we are going on holiday - she can't remember what happened five minutes ago, and as she is always wanting to go home anyway we hope nothing will really change for her, apart from the fact that she'll have proper professional care and more people around to look after her. The home is only about 5 minutes away at Chidham, just north of Bosham.

Catsey Veteran

01-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #8

Hello Yola,
nice to have you back and glad to hear buisness is picking up. Sounds like the boys are doing well too.
I understand your reasoning about Fifi's paw, lets hope it just stays as it is.
Poor Bailie, i take it he isn't hyperthyroid ?
Glad Myshka is good.
My news is that we are hopefuly picking our new pup up on Saturday, still waiting for the breeder to make her mind up which she's keeping.
I'm unfortunately loseing my job at the end of March due to cutbacks so am looking for a new job. Not much available though.

Catsey Veteran

01-03-2011, 11:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Things are still the same as ever here Cassie is fine, thanks, she will be 14 this year and is beginning to slow down a bit.

We went to Orlando last year, had a great time ....it knocked years off me!

We are also going back to Dubrovnik again this year.

What about you ...... do you hope to go back to Italy at all?
Well . . . I have provisionally booked A MONTH in Italy for this summer ! Me and the boys will stay at in a converted farmhouse (very, very reasonably priced and owned by an English family who live 'on site') with OH taking the 1st and 4th week to join us. The business is so delicate it can't be left for too long. Dubrovnik; it's somewhere I'd love to go, along with some of the Croatian islands. Might be somewhere to plan for next year.

Catsey Veteran

01-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Hi Yola - glad to hear that you are all OK and that things are looking up.

Kizzy and Pip are fine and really the only different news from my neck of the woods is that OH made the decision to find a residential place for his mum, which we have done and she is going in next Monday. We are going to tell her that we are going on holiday - she can't remember what happened five minutes ago, and as she is always wanting to go home anyway we hope nothing will really change for her, apart from the fact that she'll have proper professional care and more people around to look after her. The home is only about 5 minutes away at Chidham, just north of Bosham.
Oh Angie - I guessed from your daily thread post that this is what was happening. What a huge step for you all; and a hellishly difficult one too. It's such a desperately hard choice and one we had to make with my Aunt when she was widowed. Much love to you all, I hope your MIL will be happy with her new environment and that you and your husband can begin to enjoy your lives in the safe knowledge she is being cared for by people who fully understand her condition. Hugs.