Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #1

tired thursday

Afternoon everyone. How are you all??

Its bright and sunny here and actually warm aswell! Last night was interesting, we took skye in the room with us last night to give them both a bit of space from each other and time to chill out. Sleepless night from 430am, skye left us a smelly present in her tray we put in the room for her. Then Harris started moewing so i was up laying on the couch till 630am when i had to get ready for work. Then a not great day at work but home now and chilling with the monsters whom my OH said had to be seperated due to having a tussle!!

Early night tonight me thinks!!!

Hope you are all having a great day

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
24-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #2

Re: tired thursday

Hi Pamela and everyone to come... all goes fine here, though sleep would be most welcome - and I did get a good nights rest. But I also seem to be developing a cold which won't be helping matters much.

Sorry to hear that work wasn't so great for you Pamela, hope the break helps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #3

Hi, Pamela, Squirrel, those to follow. Cloudy and chilly, 4 C (39 F), with promise of rain this afternoon through tomorrow morning ... at l;east not snow! Got the trash and recycling out for pickup, slipped on some ice still on the porch steps but only hurt my dignity! All's quiet, no news.

Sleepless night not good, Pamela, hope tonight's better. Sounds as if the adjustmet's going reasonably well. Squirrrel, take come Vitamin C quick ,,, good for colds! Hope all the missing are well ....

Catsey Veteran

24-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #4

Thanks Eileen... Had several oranges over the last day or so (got a bogof bag or two at supermarket recently) and currently eating a pack of dried fruit which includes Goji berries - which apparenlty have 500* the amount of Vit C that oranges do... Plus been drinking mango juice regularly, though am less sure about the vit Content of that! Won't be turning orange any time soon, but...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #5

How in the world did the cold virus get past all that C??? I stand abashed ... glass of orange juice at breakfast and one vitamin C pill!

Catsey Veteran

24-02-2011, 05:50 PM   #6

*laughs* Some of it is only recent, and think I picked it up at the weekend camp I was at over the weekend - when I was tired and run down anyway, so possible that all the Vit C in the world wouldn't have helped!

Glad I'm now off until Tues - gives me a bit of recovery time - much needed I can tell you!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #7

Hello everyone! Lovely Spring-like day here. We went to Harting Down again and as I wasn't feeling up to walking, OH went off on his own and I had a bit of a stroll around and did a bit of drawing (useless, I need more practice!) and watched the buzzards and skylarks and a bird that may have been a red kite. Saw the first Brimstone butterfly of the season.

Sorry to hear about your tumble Eileen, glad you are not hurt. Also sorry to hear about your disturbed night Pamela - and hope that Skye settles better tonight. First nights are difficult. Hope your cold is nipped in the bud by all those great fruits you are eating Squirrel. I would also take some Echinacea.

Kizzy and Pip have been basking in the sunshine and outdoors more than lately.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
24-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #8

Good morning, everyone!
Well. It has been freezing cold here. Yesterday wasn't too phased at the 30F and scattered snow but then the 55mph winds and dropping to 20F last night made it quite brisk to say the least!
The tank and stand is out and on the trailer. The six men who showed up to move it, only took them two hours so better than I thought and they didn't even have to take the front door off like originally planned so that was good.
We've been at the vets everyday since Monday for Kuan Yin's fluids. Cross fingers today is last day as they do a recheck on her creatinine to see if it's finally settled back to normal now. At this rate, Kuan Yin will be a traveling kind of kitty. She's very quiet, never makes a peep--just looks about wide eyed.
Both of us went to bed last night and forgot to leave the fireplace on. It is on now but I'm in layers while the house warms up, the cold wind went all night and seeped through every possible space it could. The sun is out but our pond is still very frozen.
Have a good day, all. Keep warm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-02-2011, 06:31 PM   #9

evening all, glad you didn't hurt yourself Eileen.
Pamela, sorry you had a disturbed night, hope those cats are behaving themselves.
Angie, your day sounds very nice.
Tink, hope Kuan Yin is sorted.
Managed to catch up with some ironing this morning, then a quick walk in the fields before going off to visit a friend. Had butter pies for our dinner.
Off to the chinese buffet soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #10

That's me just back to the in laws after spending the day in glasgow! Had a nice time but shattered lol, sorry we couldn't meet pamela, hopefully we can next time I come up.
Watching the footie then bed I think.