Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #11

Re: Chilly Monday

Evening all

Been a sad day here I have been to the funeral of a friend of mine she died suddenly on 8th Feb she had a heart attack in her kitchen after lunch her heartbroken husband had just taken the plates into the kitche heard a bump and she was dead. She was 59 her 60th birthday was May and a party was planned as she had been diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2009 and was now in remission.
The service was superb one of the nicest I have been to her niece sang her youngest niece read a reading and her eldest nephew read out a poem about sisters....she was one of 5 and had 16 nieces and nephews and 3 great nieces Sue was the one who kept the family together she married late in life after caring for her Mom who is still alive. Seeing her Mom was heartbreaking and her husband Mike had to be suppoerted when they sprinkled the water on the coffin.

The up side the funeral brought me back into contact with friends I had not seen for a few years about 26 of us turned up today (short notice too as we have lost touch as you do) so we have exchanged numbers etc and promised we wil not meet again at a funeral to one of us.

So a say tinged with happiness and sadness.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #12

aww sooo sorry to hear about your friend Kazz, It must have been such a shock for her poor husband. Thinking off you.

At least from what you have said, she had a beautiful send off

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #13

So sorry to hear about your friend Kazz

Thinking of her Mom, husband and the rest of her family...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
21-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #14

sorry to hear about your friend kazz.

brrrrr what a horrible day!! was working for 4 hours today, i owed them time so thats it paid back! but of course i left my umbrella in work on sat so had to walk in the bloomin snow!
ordered my new upgrade today, the sound in my phone has completely broken and i cant hear any calls so i got it a few weeks early

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2011, 08:46 PM   #15

Just had a smashing bit of dinner steamed plaice and chips....gorgeous.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #16

Sorry at the untimely loss of your friend, Kazz; such a shock for her family and friends. But I',msure she'd be pleased that you did reconnect with old friends.

Yummy dinner!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Just having five minutes before i go out. Scrubbed up and put dress on
Pamela i'm sorry you didn't get the job but great news about your kitten, what a good idea to spend some time with her before she comes to live with you.
Angie that's good news about your MIL.
I only got as far as Brownies too, Angie. I realy enjoyed it and don't know why i didn't go into Guides now, think i've left it a little too late now though
I think I should have asked my mother, who should have asked Brown Owl ....... but it was the beginning of 60's and at that time I wasn't really interesting in being a Girl Guide!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-02-2011, 09:15 PM   #18

Oh Lord, just seen your post Kazz - what a dreadful shock for her family, but such a quick way to go. Very sad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
21-02-2011, 09:40 PM   #19

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Kazz.

It just started snowing here about half hour ago. At first I thought I was seeing things but nope it's really coming down now.

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #20

Thank you for your kind words Sue was a lovely woman she always reminded me of Big Bird from Seasame street, a puppet without strings she was about 6ft 2 tall and a head of jet black curly hair (her Dads italian heritage) a lovely lovely woman.
As the priest said today a quick way and a none lingering death so often faced by cancer suffers but a shock for her family and friends. I am glad she did not suffer the chemo alone was making her iller than the disease she said.

And it was the first church service I have been to when no hyms were song. We sang "I have a dream" or I believe in Angels... the Abba song and the roof almost came off. Then "Down to the river To Pray" by Alison Krauss. And as we were leaving they played "Over the Rainbow" very apt for Sue.