Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
08-01-2007, 05:16 PM   #21

Re: Salt update

She's started taking them again properly now and she's due to finish them Wednesday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #22

Jeezzzz Naomi I would find another vet, did he see her again before saying that. How can he say that!!!!! if she is that bad (and it sounded bad to me from the start) then why on earth give her antibiotics if he has such little faith, maybe he should have said so from the start. Two days is a long while when you're not well.

Can you not get a 2nd opinion?

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2007, 09:05 PM   #23

I can't get to see any of my vets (got 2 vets 2 different practices) until Wednesday

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-01-2007, 09:10 PM   #24

I'd go for a second opinion too! Salt isn't doing well from all you've said, and I don't like the sound of your vet...given up on her? When my Aby was diagnosed with a usually fatal fungal lung infection, my vet tried everything he could and even consulted experts at the U. of Pennsylvania School,of Veterinary Medicine!! Unfortunately didn't help, but he tried his best and wasn't just shrugging his shoulders and giving up! Keep fighting!! (((hugs)))

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 moggies
08-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #25

Naomi, I really don't like the sound of this . Having had recent experience of a very poorly puss, I think I do understand a bit of what you're going through. I'm afraid I'd push for your vet to see her. In the end with Mizzie I just took her straight round to the vet, burst into tears at reception, and was seen pretty much immediately. In fact the other people in the waiting room insisted I go first.

I know in my case the outcome was bad, but I'm really glad I did that - at least she got some sedation and relief from her anxiety.

Do what your instinct tells you, and I really hope she's OK.

Lots of Love, Sammy.x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-01-2007, 11:39 PM   #26

Hmmm Not sure I like the sound of your vet either Naomi, from what you have posted I know that my vet would go out of their way to try and resolve this and very quickly too they certainly would never give up without a fight.

Firstly I would have thought they would want to know WHY she has got a heart murmur??? (is it heart disease or was she born with a condition?)

Catsey Veteran

09-01-2007, 12:01 AM   #27

Naomi Please Please go back to your vet with Salt b*gger the "wait till attitude" go back book an appointment for Wednesday.....the first one you can get Please

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
09-01-2007, 12:05 AM   #28

Nae, if you can't get an appointment then just turn up with Salt at the vets, they won't turn you away. Or seek the advice of a different vet but please get Salt seen x

Catsey Veteran

09-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #29

Is she any better Naomi?

Catsey Veteran

09-01-2007, 09:24 PM   #30

Salt' been back to the vets and they are at a loss as to what's wrong with her.

She's still not using the litter tray. I took the litter tray downstairs cos she was going to the toilet in the downstairs bathroom. She then went back upstairs and promptly did a toilet on the upstair bathroom floor. I've changed the cat litter, I've scrubbed the litter tray and she's still not using it.