Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
21-12-2006, 11:25 AM   #41

Re: Leia just back from the vet!!

Sorry I missed all this yesterday DM. Hope you are now calmed and Leia is being a good girl and taking her meds.

I had the vet trip yesterday too, but with no major dramas and escapee cats!!!

I worried about the administering of pill/drops too, but all went well this morning.

I hid the pill in a chunk of meat out of the cat food tin and gave her that first. Ate it all up.

Next gave her a spoonful of food with the drops on the food and as she had not eaten since last night and was hungry - ate all that too!!!

Hope you are as succesful!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-12-2006, 11:31 AM   #42

DM - just a thought ........... you don't think Leia is stressing over Onyx's presence do you?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #43

How did you get on with Leia's medication today Eileen?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-12-2006, 08:16 PM   #44

I don't thimk she's even aware that Onyx is here! Onyx hangs out on the side of my house, can't be seen from the windows on that side, and those are windows that Leia never sits at anyhow. I've never seen Onyx in the front garden when the weather's warm and Leia and I are out on the screened porch. I'd notice, because when Borden the cat from across the street comes in the front yard, Leia bushes up and makes dreadful threatening noices at her...quite funny to see! I know that stress can be a precipitating cause of cystitis, but Leias leads a very unstressed life (until yesterday!!!)

Sadly Missed

Cats owned: Moggie
21-12-2006, 10:06 PM   #45

Oh Eileen, I have not been on Catsey for a couple of days and was shocked to hear that you are having problems with Leia - I know what you are going through believe me, When little Melba had stomach ulcers I had to keep her in a big dog cage ( one for a dobermann) otherwise I could never have caught her. I needed to wrap her up in towels and wear leather gloves to get her pills down her and she wouldn't/couldn't eat. I got a rabbit for her finally and she started eating then - I fed it raw,

My sympathies with Leia too, as a fellow sufferer!! I'll be watching this page for more info, Must go now, I'm supposed to be at a Virtual Party at a Virtual Pub on another Site on the Web. Speak to you again before Christmas Kath