Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #21

Re: Leia just back from the vet!!

You should have seen her when she escaped from the carrier at the vets today, she was tearing around the reception area as if her tail was on fire, eyes dilated and trying to claw her way through the windows...staff yelling "loose cat" and all the dogs waiting became very interested in what was happening....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
20-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #22

Lol! Sorry Eileen, but I can just see her running loose, and all of you running after her! I'd just have the whole bottle of martini if I were you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-12-2006, 10:38 PM   #23

I have no experience of that antibiotic Eileen, so I don't know how palatable it is?

Catsey Veteran

20-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #24

Fran, I don't plan on tasting it myself (joking!). .....yes, Alex, looking back on it now I can see the funny side...t'waren't funny at the time, but it must have been a sight to behold......

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #25

It's bound to be nerve-wracking if you've never had to give anything like this before Eileen ....... if need be, just give her a small spoonful of food at a time with a small drop of her med on it. If she eats it then continue a spoonful at a time until all the med has gone. Fingers crossed she will take it one way or the other....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
20-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #26

i do hope that poor leia feels better soon poor lass it sounds like your`ve had a bit of a manic day.

Catsey Veteran

20-12-2006, 10:45 PM   #27

Thanks, Mags, good sugggestion!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
20-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #28

I so wished that I lived near to you Eileen so that I could come to help, I feel so helpless here. I realise how daunting it must be, Give Mags' suggestion a try and good luck!

Catsey Veteran

20-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #29

Fran, you all have helped greatly just being there and listening to me whinge! Believe me, it truly helps to know that your friends are listening and concerned...bless you all! As you may know, I'm mostly Irish and tend to overdramatize things a bit...not that you could really call me a drama queen...(snigger!) Probably all will go well with the medication & I've overdone the "poor, pitiful me" bit slightly...will report after dinner!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-12-2006, 11:03 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Fran, you all have helped greatly just being there and listening to me whinge! Believe me, it truly helps to know that your friends are listening and concerned...bless you all! As you may know, I'm mostly Irish and tend to overdramatize things a bit...not that you could really call me a drama queen...(snigger!) Probably all will go well with the medication & I've overdone the "poor, pitiful me" bit slightly...will report after dinner!
Eileen, here's a question for you Are you Irish with an American accent .... or American with an Irish accent!