Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #21

Re: Skin problem

Alexa - have you treated your house with flea spray? Fleas can live in soft furnishings, carpets, rugs and even floorboards. It could be that they are still getting to Roo even though he shows no signs of flea infestation himself.

I hope he gets better soon - a fella as cute as him shouldn't have bald patches

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-01-2007, 08:31 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa
Exactly 4 weeks on from his treatment Roo has the same problem again.

The hair has not grown back from the last flare up he had and he is looking very sorry for himself. No sign of fleas though on him or any of the other pets.

If it is a flea allergy he muct be super sensitive and I dont know how I can stop him getting bitten.

Has you vet taken any skin scrapings? Might be worth another trip to the vet? Do let us know how he goes

Cats owned: 1 x BSH and 2 x Burmese crosses
17-01-2007, 11:13 PM   #23

Went off to the new vet tonight who was much better than the previous ones. I have faith that they will get to the bottom of this buit it will just take time.

The whole house has been treated for fleas and so have all the other animals, Roo is just undergoing his bath in antibacterial shampoo bless him. He has to have it left on for 10 mins so thought I would update inbetween.

Again he has had sterois injections to stop the scratching and anti biotics to clear his skin up. My poor baby.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #24

It sounds like you are doing everything you possibly can Alexa ........ I really hope you get some results soon....