Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
19-11-2006, 07:58 PM   #1

Teething?

I was just wondering how old a kitten is when he starts to loose his teeth and starts teething? im pretty sure my AJ is teething at the moment bless him. hes been chewing alot more lately, and has been biting down harder when hes playing with us and his brother. he is now around 3 months old-could it be teething? if so, is there any special toys or chews i can get him to help with it?(and to save his brother from playful hard bites! lol)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
19-11-2006, 08:06 PM   #2

Re: Teething?

I suggested to someone else recently something I read on a cat site. Get a tea towel and lightly soak it in water, tie it in a knot and place in the freezer for a few hours. Take it out and let him chew on it, it acts like a teething ring. I don't know if it works or not tbh, as I've never seen any of mine teething.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
19-11-2006, 08:12 PM   #3

Kittens lose their baby teeth anything between 3 and 6 months......

Catsey Senior

19-11-2006, 08:40 PM   #4

Thankyou for that tip, il definately try it and let you know if it works! poor lad

And thankyou too mags-i was hoping it was the right time for him to be getting like this, and not something more for me to worry about! Raven has showed no signs at all of teething yet-though im sure he'l let us know when he is

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
19-11-2006, 08:43 PM   #5

Bliss is just losing her baby teeth at the minute, she is about 6 months old now. I haven't noticed her biting harder or chewing any more than normal.

With puppies I use kongs filled with food then frozen, acts like a teething ring but with the added incentive of food. I believe that you can buy kitty kongs too - so might be something to consider if you feel she is uncomfortable whilst teething.

Catsey Senior

19-11-2006, 09:23 PM   #6

Good idea Fran! Ive seen kitty kongs on the net and was thinking of getting one anyway-looks like i will be ordering one for the boys now then!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Burmese
Shadowdh is Male
18-01-2007, 01:15 AM   #7

I am sooo glad I found this forum and this post... I have found a couple of Jack-Jack's teeth in the last week or so and was a bit worried... it really is like having a new baby... lol...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-01-2007, 03:24 AM   #8

Interested that you found teeth...quite some time ago I asked if anyone ever found shed baby teeth, as I never had with any of my cats, and I wondered if maybe they swallowed them.......

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
18-01-2007, 12:20 PM   #9

I have never found any of my cats' baby teeth either but I can understand how I could have missed them being so tiny......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
18-01-2007, 12:25 PM   #10

I recently found a couple of Porsha's canine teeth and a couple of days ago I found one of Ruby's (labrador) molars