Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #11

Re: What's your cats favourite food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca6
I always feel rotten because I can't give him a treat. I always found tuna or salmon great if I needed to give my other cats pills as they just wolfed it down. Having said that, Ollie is the easiest cat I've had for getting pills down - just open his mouth, pop it in and it's gone - so it's not really a problem.
Oh dear, being picky about treats doesn't equate with ease of pilling in my case! Leia is impossible to pill; she is a large (14 pound) strong, stubborn cat whose won't power is much greater than my will power... Lucky you!
Give that nice Oliver a pat from me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-05-2008, 07:11 AM   #12

Posh will always eat ham, chicken or tinned fish. Although she does get spoiled with a bit of icecream which she purrs for...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #13

Merlin likes all sorts of things: chicken; bacon; ham; raw mince (prev. frozen of course); any roast meat; tuna; prawns; any fresh fish; yoghurt (even the fruity ones!) any spicy or tomato sauce and the oddest I think is sweet corn kernels!

Of course, any of the above are strictly treats other than when he was poorly when I was desperate to find something he would eat - freshly poached chicken or fish was all he would take for quite a while. Such a relief now he's back on Felix supermeat.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
24-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #14

My old cat loved peanut butter. One morning I found him jumped up on the table licking it off my plate, so as a treat I used to let him lick it off my finger.

And Chaska loved...spinach?! Very bizarre, but once we dropped some on the floor while cooking and she ate it up so quickly and looked for more. We hardly ever give it to her, she's very fussy when it comes to regular cat treats like meat, hehe. She only likes fish, no chicken.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
24-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #15

I just realised my last post made it look like I let my cats eat whatever they want! Both these were by accident, any treats we give them on purpose are all normal cat foods, like chicken or tuna!

Catsey Veteran

24-06-2008, 04:13 PM   #16

The occasional strange treat won't hurt: my Siamese used to love olives! But he always spit out the pimiento!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
26-06-2008, 10:24 AM   #17

Roast chicken.
Well... food in general would be more accurate for Mr Gourmand.
The strangest things he eats is chips and frozen peas (they roll in an enticing way and they're easy to pounce and kill) but he rarely gets either.
His standard treat is roast turkey - I use that for his treasure-hunts when he's house-bound for the day. Wards off boredom, gives him some exercise and isn't bad food-wise.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Exotic Short Hair
07-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #18

Figo loves all food in general, but he goes nuts when a packet of prawns is opened, same goes for ham, and he paces around and pleads till you give him a bite

Catsey Veteran

07-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #19

Ah, ham! I was feeding a terribly shy little stray who would not come close to me in the early days...until I held out a nice piece of ham; she sniffed and sniffed, crept closer and took it from my hand! The beginning of a beautiful friendship....