Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-05-2009, 06:09 PM   #11

Re: i give up !!!!!

I did eventually give up with all my cats as all those I tried the harness on either fought like fury or just did a sit-down protest and refused to move - I let them out under supervision now and only the one really ever wanders any distance.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #12

I only once tried to put a harness on, it was a dog, got in such a muddle, never tried again....!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
18-05-2009, 02:17 AM   #13

im trying it with Harri...only tried to put it on her once... and she layed on the ground like it was made of lead!.. one of the nurses at the vets said that every cat she has harness trained... did that for at least 2 weeks... (one up to two months)... i have just carried the harness around the house at present... everywhere her food bowl is... the harness is next to it..(we are locking her in our room at night at present..cause she is teething and biting electrical cords .. can watch her her during the day but i need to sleep at some stage, and dont want to wake up to a fried cat!) I plan to put the harness on her later this week and leave it on whilst she's running abut the house doing her daily stuff... she doesn't seem to be afraid of it now.... now that she has become accustomed to seeing it next to her whilst she eats