Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggies
24-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #1

Queenie and Socks

Last december Queenie had to have 3 teeth removed. When she came back from the vets she made her son jump and since then we have been trying to get the 3 to be able to stay in the same room without trying to kill each other. We have had a felliway diffuser going for about a month now, and they are have a dose of seren-um twice a day, and last night Socks managed to get shut in with his mum with no ill effects!!!!!!!!!!!! No spitting or anything so I think we are finally getting some where! the biggist problem has been that Socks is a worrypuss and a big mummies boy so he has been persuing her until her back is against a piece of furniture, he then panics and wails and that really irritates her, always has. So I think we will soon have them back eating and sleeping in the same room (at the moment Queenie sleeps in the study with the door open so she can go into the kitchen if she wants to.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #2

Re: Queenie and Socks

Pleased to hear everything appears to be calming down again in your house Paula..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
24-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #3

That is really good news. Cats relationships can be really funny sometimes can't they.

Catsey Junior

07-03-2008, 09:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay
That is really good news. Cats relationships can be really funny sometimes can't they.
A quick update Queenie is still scared of both of her ofspring Tippy and Socks, she is down to growling and the occasional spit. My mother thinks she has forgotten who they are is this possible? We are in for the long haul to get them to live together as I can't get rid of any of them they are all too precious.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-03-2008, 09:36 AM   #5

I hope Queenie will eventually settle down with Tippy and Socks again, Paula it's sounds as if she has slightly improved though.

I suppose it's a case of having patience..

Catsey Junior

07-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
I hope Queenie will eventually settle down with Tippy and Socks again, Paula it's sounds as if she has slightly improved though.

I suppose it's a case of having patience..
It does help having Lucy (rough collie) if the other cats get too close to Queenie or Queenie looks like she might go for them Lucy interviens and acts like a peace keeper!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #7

I have different experiences of this type of situation. In the main any girls I have had that have had babies remain totally devoted and 'mother hen' like to them. But I have had one girl who when her son reached adulthood would not tolerate him and neither would he tolerate her. Infact I'd go so far as to say they hated each other and the situation never improved. Like I say that is the one and only time I have witnessed this, hopefully with perseverence your situation will improve. You seem to be doing all the right things. Good luck and do let us know how you get on

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaB
It does help having Lucy (rough collie) if the other cats get too close to Queenie or Queenie looks like she might go for them Lucy interviens and acts like a peace keeper!
One of my Labs does that!

Catsey Junior

07-03-2008, 09:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
I have different experiences of this type of situation. In the main any girls I have had that have had babies remain totally devoted and 'mother hen' like to them. But I have had one girl who when her son reached adulthood would not tolerate him and neither would he tolerate her. Infact I'd go so far as to say they hated each other and the situation never improved. Like I say that is the one and only time I have witnessed this, hopefully with perseverence your situation will improve. You seem to be doing all the right things. Good luck and do let us know how you get on
Hopefully get back to normal, its not like they are just grown. I have had the 3 of them for nearly 4 years and all of a sudden (after the op)she seems to have forgotten who they are, we will keep at it as they are all so precious (even if socks is a big wussy mummies boy, he really want to be with mummy!)

Catsey Junior

14-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #10

I thought I would update the situation. We are slowely reintroducing her to the other cats as if she was a new cat. I have though noticed a change in behaviour, before the operation she was a very private player, if she caught her with a toy she stopped, she seems more kittenish and is playing in a way we haven't seen before (ie attacking the ties on my sweatshirt. Could the operation have done something to her brain?