Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #31

Re: Funny thing about me and dogs

Angie have you found a good groomer for Monty?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Angie, with warmer weather fast approaching, do you think you should get these for Monty for his walks in the summer sunshine?

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.a...127&pf_id=2066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Angie have you found a good groomer for Monty?
Yes, OH atm!!! As we have no intention of showing him, he will be clipped rather than stripped. There is a groomers just next to our vet practice, but hopefully when we find a puppy class we may get recommendations.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
15-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Angie, with warmer weather fast approaching, do you think you should get these for Monty for his walks in the summer sunshine?

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.a...127&pf_id=2066
Wonder if my 3 would wear them...

Catsey Veteran

15-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #34

He's been really hyperactive today ...... neither of us could wear him out. And he's showing typical terrier behaviour - digging holes, even in the flower pots. Luckily in-between stages, so no damage done. Can't think why he's gone "crackerdog" today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-05-2011, 10:00 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
He's been really hyperactive today ...... neither of us could wear him out. And he's showing typical terrier behaviour - digging holes, even in the flower pots. Luckily in-between stages, so no damage done. Can't think why he's gone "crackerdog" today.
Malaika and Kwame have dug holes in the back lawn, we are resigned to having a functional doggy garden
They dig in the indoor plant pots also to eat the plant roots, i had pebbles around the base to discourage this, however they were driving me nuts by mouthing the pebbles.Once i removed them they attacked the base of the plant, i may have to rehome it, it's presently living in the porch.My umbrella plant has cobbles around it's base so i could do to get more of these.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-05-2011, 10:32 AM   #36

No problem here with Sal having a go at my plants...God forbid however she will "kill" a plastic plant pot only if empty even a teaspoon of compost in and she will not touch it.

Angie whats made him crackerdog and is that saying from the James Herriot books? is he is feeling his feet under the table and growing up, his confidence is growing before he has been a visitor now he is home. You are obviously boulstering his self confidence which is what you want with a pup now the gentle training comes in. Seems like you are going the right way.

Catsey Veteran

16-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #37

Yes, you're right - "crackerdog" was Mrs Pumfrey's word for Tricky-Woo, the Pekingese from All Creatures Great and Small! We hope we don't ever have to encounter "flop bot"!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
16-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Yes, you're right - "crackerdog" was Mrs Pumfrey's word for Tricky-Woo, the Pekingese from All Creatures Great and Small! We hope we don't ever have to encounter "flop bot"!!!

too funny that's exactly what i am re-reading right now. it's been awhile and it's good rainy day stuff. funny you should mention

Catsey Veteran

16-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #39

Yes, I saw you'd been re-reading the books in your post on the daily thread! Amazing .... I still love those books.

Catsey Veteran

16-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #40

We may have a problem with separation anxiety between Monty and my OH. The pair have bonded too well perhaps and it's a bit like leaving your child on his first day at school - well, for Monty, not for OH! We've looked up strategies on the Internet and found some straightforward guidelines but obviously need to do something about it now rather than leaving it. He is only 11 weeks old today. We have to be cruel to be kind and I am for taking a first step by moving his crate out of our bedroom at night. It could go in the study, which is opposite our bedroom and is where Pip slept when he was a kitten in his crate. We may have just put off the sleepless nights ............................ ah well!