Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
10-05-2011, 09:23 AM   #21

Re: Morgan at the vet's

Poor Morgan, how is he feeling this morning? It's a really good sign that he has passed a large volume of urine
It's usually a fairly quick recovery time from a cystotomy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-05-2011, 09:52 AM   #22

Thanks for asking PL He's quite distressed this morning unfortunately, neither of us had much sleep last night, only 2x half-hour naps. He was crying all night and I ended up giving him his painkiller a couple of hours early but it took over an hour before it calmed him. He's asleep at the moment through exhaustion I think, he's desperate to get at the wound and trying to get the collar off, whining and circling, bashing his testicles with the edge of the collar till they look quite red in his efforts to lick near the stitches. He hasn't yet accepted that he just has to put up with the way things are.

I'm mixing his food with water to increase his water consumption, and he's had a few really good wees. He's also pooped but it's dreadfully splatty! He's awake again now and crying, bashing the collar around, it's all very upsetting but I'm sure he'll eventually settle and it's only for a few days and then he'll be all better again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #23

Sorry to hear you've all had a bad night MrsH. Poor Morgan - I do hope he calms down as he can't be doing himself any good and it is obviously worrying you too. If he continues, I would phone the vet and see if you can give him any sort of tranquillizer to help calm him. I'm sure that splatty poo is an effect of the GA.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #24

Ouch, hope he feels a little more settled.
Is there nothing that you can give him that take the edge off, I suspect he will gte used to it I think the collar is more irritating than anything but seems he needs this to stop him getting at the stitches.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #25

Aww poor Morgan, i think i'd be inclined to contact the vet and ask about his pain relief .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #26

Bless you for sitting up with him, poor little chap sounds very unhappy. I know when my cats had their plastic collars they found this more distressing than any operation sites . . . hopefully this is causing him upset and will stop once collar comes off.

Hugs and restful vibes to you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
11-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #27

Oh no! That sounds awful, for everyone concerned.

I do hope you had a better night last night.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
11-05-2011, 08:26 AM   #28

aww poor Morgan, its sad to hear how distressed he is. It will be hard for both of you today through tiredness and poor morgan being uncomfortable.

Sending hugs to you both and hoping he has a better day today xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-05-2011, 08:44 AM   #29

Really hope you all had a better night last night MrsH. How is Morgan this morning?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
11-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #30

A much better night last night. I slept on the floor in the living room again and he and I both got loads of sleep! although I kept getting a cocker in my face! The vet's very happy with him this morning, the swelling at the site is going down quite well and Morgan is much more relaxed and less needy. Spirits have risen in the house once again!