Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
28-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #11

Re: Possible heart problem for Monty

When Harvey was a pup two different vets, heard a murmur - devastating news as Boxers are prone to heart problems. Breeder said both parents heart tested & not to worry, by time 12 months it would be gone

Harvey needed neutered because of undescended testes & although they'd been pushing to do him, when i agreed they refused to do him without a heart scan! He was 11 months old. Duly had his scan - his heart was perfect / no murmur or anything untowards

Hopefully little Monty is the same. Apparently quite a lot of puppies have infantile murmurs however by time they are year old, the murmur has gone

I know the awful feeling when vets announce it. Keep your chin up. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
28-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #12

Hope Monty's murmour goes away, Angie.
Have you spoken to the breeder yet ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #13

Hi, yes, breeder phoned back and we had a chat. I've been on the Schnauzer forum this afternoon and a kind woman who has a boy called Monty had a similar problem but he is all fine now and no trace of the murmur to be heard. So I am feeling less threatened by the findings, but still worried. It's sort of there when I am playing with Monty and he gets excited. Now if it were me I'd rather have a good time and if I were to go, I'd want it quick rather than to be coddled and have a boring time. I know it's not serious and I shouldn't even go there, but you do, don't you?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
28-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #14

Angie! It's never nice to find out your precious baby is possibly unwell but I'm sure it will turn out to be an innocent murmur that will disappear as he grows and the heart valves mature. Even if it doesn't and he has a low grade murmur he will be able to live a more or less normal life.
My old lady Kindly lived to a grand old age of 16 and she had a heart murmur for most of her life (her's was a grade 4-5)
I'm sure that when you go back for his 2nd vacc it'll have gone.
x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #15

Good news update for little Monty. Just back from the heart check at the vet - no noise could be heard at all. He is fine.

2nd jab appointment next week so he will be listened to again to make sure. I am just so relieved all is well. Monty has put on half a kilo in weight in a week, which the vet says is normal for his age.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
05-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #16

yaaaay im so pleased his heart is clear! sounds like it was just a wee puppy murmur then! you can sit and relax and enjoy him!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
05-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #17

Phew! Thank Goodness for that! Always good the vet keeping an eye on it thought. It just such good news though, hope it's the same at 2nd jab appt.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #18

So very pleased to hear there's no heart murmur now Angie, you can enjoy your boy and stop worrying!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
05-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #19

Ah brilliant news. Yah wee Monty well done. Your mum will be able to breathe normally now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-05-2011, 06:58 PM   #20

fantastic angie, soo pleased to hear that monty is clear