Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
06-10-2014, 08:34 AM   #1

Michaelmas daisy Monday

Good morning all, sorry I wasn't around on the weekend. It passed so quickly.

It's a rainy morning, woke me at 5:30 tamping down on the conservatory roof, first thoughts of Pandora who stayed out all night but no sign of her this morning so I hope she found shelter. Still raining now, no sign of stopping. Other two cats are sensibly indoors and settled. Haven't opened up the coop yet so Maggie May is still snuggled into her straw.

This time of year always makes me think of the big purple daisies that grew in the garden here before we landscaped. Michaelmas daisies, or micklemas daisies as I've seen it spelled sometimes, were planted by my auntie who owned the house before us, she loved the colour lilac. It's a shame I didn't keep any but we have hardly any workable ground now.

Keep dry all of you, love to your furries and loved ones too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #2

Re: Michaelmas daisy Monday

Morning PP - it's soggy here this morning and blowing too. Pip has just come back indoors - he's an outdoor boy and doesn't mind the rain! Just went to check and he's surprisingly dry, just a bit damp round the dusters. I've made our bed quickly so they can both settle there if they wish. I think Kizzy has also been out but she's dry .... they seem very good at dodging the raindrops. Poor OH and the dogs are out in it atm and will need towels etc when they get back. Hope Pandy comes home safely soon.

I wonder if you mean a variety of aster - I think I know the plant you mean, the smallish purple/violet flowers. Very pretty but prone to mildew which is why they don't do very well around here sadly.

Try and keep dry folks and have a good day.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
06-10-2014, 03:12 PM   #3

Re: Michaelmas daisy Monday

Afternoon PP and Angie and any to follow. Absolutely hurtled it down this morning. Had to go for a pelvic ultrasound but all seems OK, thank goodness.

There is a large expanse of waste ground near us where they demolished a large mill. Right in the middle of it there is a lilac Michaelmas daisy! What a little fighter! All cats are in except Barnes, he's investigating somewhere. Big Fooze is fed up with the wet. A bit dryer now so will take all the dogs out for their big walk.