Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #1

White roses wednesday

Morning everyone, here's hoping for a better day.
Just having a cuppa then it's out with the dogs, as i type Malaika is having a lie in
Still head achy and coughing but it's back to work this afternoon.
Today is world CP day so i will be wearing Green to work.
Forgot to say yesterday i found a lovely bargain on the car boot, a 1910 antique doll, in poor condition for just £2.00.
Most of her value has gone as her head is damaged, however i will be able to restore so she makes a nice display doll, it gives me such pleasure.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #2

Re: White roses wednesday

Morning Shelley - glad to hear Malaika is having a restful lie in after her trauma yesterday; also glad to hear that the offending bit of wood came out, she must have a sore mouth.

Nice news about your antique doll. Before and after photos perhaps???

I am not feeling too good, sudden pain in the side yesterday and don't seem to be able to shift it, may have just pulled something sneezing, could be as simple as that. Ah well, got to get my calligraphy stuff ready today as first day of term tomorrow. Looking forward to the new term and perhaps getting some guidance on what I'm stuck on.

Have a good day folks, weather is lovely here today, blue sky and sunshine. Make the most of it while we can.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #3

Morning shelley and angie.

Shelley, glad malaika is ok and the wood came out.
Angie, hope your feeling better.

I was out on a photoshoot last night which was great. I also making headway in finding out who the wee cat I found sadly deceased last night who owns her. It may potentially belong to someone who has moved away but going to do some more investigating. Poor wee thing. She was a really friendly but timid wee thing

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
01-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #4

Good morning Shelley, Angieh ,Pamela and all to follow.I'm pleased to let you know that Dickens survived getting his stitches out and behaved very well.He got a great big fat chicken neck for being so brave. Shelley,glad your dog is over the worst. He must have a sore mouth, poor boy.Hope that chill leaves you soon and you are able to get stuck in restoring that doll.

Angieh,sorry you are still not feeling the best with your side. At least the weather is nice and you can get into your calligraphy stuff and get it all sorted ready for tomorrow.

Pamela what a pity about that poor wee cat. I can't bear seeing a dead cat on the road. I always check to make sure they are dead and move them off the road.I do hope you find the owners.

I'm off to bed now. It's still very windy here, and quite cold.Thank goodness it's not my week for feeding the Red Zone cats as it is freezing in that area with nothing to block the wind.My heart goes out to those poor cats. Wish I could take them all home to the warmth. At least they get well fed and they probably find shelter in the many abandoned buildings in the area.

Love to all Catsey cats and dogs.

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2014, 11:46 AM   #5

Oh Dear Angie, hope your pain goes away.
Yes i may do before and after pics when i get organised to start work on her.
Pamela, so sorry about the little cat, run free little one
Dinky, glad Dickens is ok and has his stitches out

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #6

Good afternoon all

The weather is a bit meh, grey skies but at least it's not raining. Having a cleaning day today, the bungalow was very spick and span when I came home as Claire has OCD but I let things slide and put my stuff back in place.

It's funny not having Roxy in the run, Maggie looks lost bless her, she seems well though so that's a relief. I'll talk to the poultry breeders I had them from on Friday and arrange to get another hen. This time a mature girl in full lay and a hardy pure breed as Roxy was a hybrid cross and I think this may have weakened her genetic make up.

Shelley, glad to hera that Malaika's mouth problem has been resolved, the same thing happened to my old sheepdog with a bit of stick, I had a feeling it was that.
Angie, take care of that side, the muscle pull sounds painful x
Pamela, hope the owner gets to know about the wee one, you can draw comfort from that.
Dinky, you and your fellow cat-lovers are doing a good thing by caring for the cats in the Red Zone, I'm sure they get shelter and have their fur as resistance from the cold. They are fed so have that layer of fat, that is important.

Have a good day all. x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
01-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #7

Afternoon all, glad Malaika and Dickens are on the mend. Hope you feel 100 % soon Shelley. The easiest thing can pull a muscle Angie, I did mine drying my feet after my bath! OH had to pummel my back with Ibuprofen gel so I could walk. Hope it feels better soon.

How sad to find the little cat.

We are off to get some cat food and kitten food for our local shelter, they are desperado. They had an appeal on FB last night so we thought we would take some stuff and see Huggins at the same time.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
01-10-2014, 02:35 PM   #8

Just a thought PP, have you thought of ex battery hens? We have them, we buy them at Chelford livestock mart, they are only about £2 each. They are fantastic layers and live for years. Also they get all their feathers a=back and love the outdoors. It's great to watch them learn to scratch and dust bath. The area where they are has lots of dusty depressions which we call The Beauty Parlour. There is a website, I think its called Hens Welfare Trust.

Catsey Veteran

01-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #9

awwwww how nice FM to offer a home to ex battery hens

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #10

That's a good idea, the coop will only take two hens though FM. Ss Maggie is a big hen I think there maybe a lot of pecking from her to a small rescued bird and I would hate to put a little one through that trauma after coming out of a battery farm.