Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #21

Re: Skinny cat

He does look better, almost as if he has let out a giant "sigh" of relief because he is home....he has those he "loves" around him and familiar smells, like Dinah Bentley and (sorry) you and hubby around him.
Cats work a lot on scent and security is in the "familiar" to cats.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #22

Oh bless his heart, what a lucky boy he is and will be right as rain in no time. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
24-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #23

You can definately see shine appearing back in his coat, and he looks so much more relaxed! Has he shown signs of wanting to go back outside DM?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #24

Yes, that's the look of a cat who knows he's back where he should be and feels safe and sound now. He'll bounce back to full health I am absolutely sure.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
24-04-2009, 05:10 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
You can definately see shine appearing back in his coat, and he looks so much more relaxed! Has he shown signs of wanting to go back outside DM?
Not at all, I'm pleased to say. He's never been much of a dirty stop-out, which was why I was worried on Day 1. Sooner or later he'll want to get out again though ... I'll just have to be brave!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
24-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #26

Awwwww bless he does look so much better, his coat is certainly etting back to its normal colour and he certainly looks really content and happy to be back home were he knows he will be loved and pamperd back to his former self X.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
Not at all, I'm pleased to say. He's never been much of a dirty stop-out, which was why I was worried on Day 1. Sooner or later he'll want to get out again though ... I'll just have to be brave!
Just tie a long piece of rope round him and the other end to Dinah...............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #28

Here he is today, in a very similar pose to yesterday. It's a nice comfy spot, the sun shines on it, and he can lean against the old man's gym kit, which, I notice, is still in the same place also!

He's doing fine. Snoring gently after a mid afternoon snack.

Just for comparison, here he is 'watching the birdies' on last year's Springwatch.

Maybe we can get him back to that condition by the time they broadcast Springwatch this year? I think it might take a month or so longer though.

PS - 'Market Value' prawns - tiddley little things, many of them broken, and with 'an ice glaze' which takes up much of the weight. However £1.80 for a big bag, and all the pets really love them; Dinah likes them still frozen and crunchy, the cats like them thawed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-04-2009, 03:25 PM   #29

Bless 'im - the lovely ginger boy. He'll come back into condition, never fear. He's got you looking after him! How long was he "away" - 6 weeks? So it'll probably take at least that long for a full recovery. It is difficult for me to look at Chester now and not think of my Merlin, who was that thin for such a long time and looking at your last springwatch picture and seeing those lovely solid haunches makes me realise just how much weight and muscle tone he had lost. Kizzy is getting a nice plumptiousness to her!

Please give Chester and gentle hug from me and lovely Bentley deserves a smooth and a chin tickle.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-04-2009, 04:06 PM   #30

Oh he does still look a bit thin in that pic, bur so much better than when he came home! He's improving leaps and bounds; what a gorgeous color he is. Definitely a chin tickle from, me, please!