Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
25-01-2007, 09:35 AM   #41

Re: Pass

The Feliway should help given time.

I heard about this cat litter designed for cats that don't use their litter box...not sure if it is available here in the UK or not but perhaps worth looking into?

http://www.preciouscat.com/precious-attract-p-5.html

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
25-01-2007, 09:45 AM   #42

I have sent off an enquiry to them - thank you for the link.

I am off to work now, see you all later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
25-01-2007, 10:23 AM   #43

Or World's Best litter http://www.mpmproducts.co.uk/default...=worlds_bes t
now available at Pets at Home, I believe.

Julie - to make them feel more secure, that this is really their place: -
- take a clean cloth (hankie or similar) for each cat
- rub her around the 'eyebrow' region, with the cloth. This is the area where cats have most of their scent glands
- rub the cloth around the walls at 'cat's nose' level. Pay particular attention to external corners and door frames. Do sofas, beds etc as well.
- when you are ready to reintroduce them to the other cats, do the rubbing again and rub the new cats' smell onto the older ones and vice versa.

The idea of this is that all the smells are mingled and Misty and Jac just smell of 'the house' rather than having a stranger's scent.

Good luck
and it's time for you to receive (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

25-01-2007, 02:11 PM   #44

Julie, I have been on another forum and found a UK supplier of Cat Attract...

http://www.rlpetproducts.co.uk/

Loads of the members over there where having very similar problems to yourself and they all said this litter worked! It is by all accounts expensive but apparantly once you have got them using it then you can go back to their normal litter and just sprinkle a bit of this on top..

I took these from a couple of people who had posted in the thread..

we use Cat Attract and I will never use anything else, because it is brilliant stuff!

It is expensive, but since it has stopped any "accidents" taking place on the beds(!!) I don't care!

Having said that, because it clumps so well, a bag seems to last for ages!

I use Cat Attract because I was having terrible problems with at least one of my cats crapping on the floor

every time I went out there would be at least one poo on the floor and sometimes 3 or 4, if I was out all day!

It was really getting to me...... It's expensive but it's worth it, ten times over!

It sounds worthwhile giving it a go Julie?? I was also thinking about Elaine and the Diva and wondering if she has tried this litter?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
25-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #45

Julie just another thought (you'll be getting fed up of them ) While there locked in have you put a radio on for them? Then they wont feel so alone. Just a thought.

Catsey Veteran

25-01-2007, 06:48 PM   #46

Thank you again for the posts whilst I have been at work and the funeral, and my Daughters meeting at School.

Came home to find both Misty and Jac asleep on the stairs seems they got out of my bedroom, I know the door isnt brilliant, but to my knowledge after a quick lookie when I dashed upstairs - no messes!

I will look at that link Fran in a mo, I dont care how expensive this stuff is.....if it helps, its worth it!

I certainly needed that hug - thank you x

Catsey Veteran

25-01-2007, 07:07 PM   #47

I have ordered the above Fran, need to wait for them to ring and take payment now, I really hope they do switch as I do not have a credit card.

Fingers and paws crossed x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
25-01-2007, 09:32 PM   #48

Buster ped on the carpet a couple of time and it turned out that he had cystitis ( can't spell it either).
He is now better. I have also moved his tray away from wher his sisters is and he seems happier with this. not sure if it would help you but it might be worth a try.

Sally

Catsey Veteran

25-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet
I have ordered the above Fran, need to wait for them to ring and take payment now, I really hope they do switch as I do not have a credit card.

Fingers and paws crossed x

I have everything crossed here Julie. Do let me know how it goes...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
26-01-2007, 12:08 AM   #50

Hello Sorry not caught up with this.
Sorry you are having problems like this agree with the other you should have SAID SOMETHING.
Sorry to ask what I should know but bear with me I am dense.

1. How many cats have you got?
2. How many litter trays (have to say my Cleo only uses gravel sort of cat litter won't entertain wood based)
3. I wonder if the other cats are using thier trays and Misty and Jac just don't like it.
5. Did they go outside at your Ex's and can they go outside at yours?

I know they are seemingly okay withht your other cats but cats have a tolerance level where to feel safe in a mutli cat enviroment they need to reassure themselves with their own scent which could be why the weeing.
There again if they did this when they lived with your Ex it could be they just have never got the hang of it - I work on the basis the majority of cats are clean by nature.

Sorry for the questions but we will find something that works trust us.
Karen